Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on the best course of action I can take (photo)
08-09-2016, 10:31 AM,
Need advice on the best course of action I can take (photo)
I am a 30 year old male. Currently located in Toronto, Canada. I have been using concealers and they seem to work (last year). I recently cut my hair short so right now even if I use concealers (caboki) they don't stick that well. I could wait a couple more months to allow my thinning hair to grow and then use concealers but it doesn't seem to be a long term/viable solution anymore.

My dad is 70+ years old. He also started balding right around my age and just like me his sides are very thick. He has the perfect horseshoe and it looks like I am heading in that direction as well.

Given my situation, what would be the best course of action. I really cannot order something online and hope that it fits perfectly on my head. I have to visit a local hair salon and get it fit locally.

Do I need a full hair replacement? I only need in the front and in the crown areas at the moment.

I want my hair style to be something like the last pic. Is that too much to hope for. Actually, I would be fine with anything that looks natural.

Any recommendations for a good hair replacement facilities in Toronto?

Attached Files Image(s)

08-10-2016, 12:57 PM,
RE: Need advice on the best course of action I can take (photo)
H Bluemist,
Your story is a typical one. Guys start losing their hair and they go for a concealer to cover the thinness. It works for a while but it’s messy and they wake up in the morning finding a lot of the concealer on the pillow. It’s a short term fix. But the hair keeps on thinning out and the concealer doesn’t cover as well and it’s gets to be a pain using it. You’re lucky in that you’ve got nice thick sides. So a full hair style like the photo will work well for you. From the photos it looks like you would need a single piece that goes from the crown area to the front hair line. There is some finer hair on the very top but it’s too thin to work with the look you’re going for. That look is entirely possible for you. Making a template is easy but if you feel you need help I think I can find a stylist in your area to help you.
Regards,
John