Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proflex tape (photos)
06-26-2016, 08:41 AM,
proflex tape (photos)
hey guys,

Does anyone use proflex tape? i have been wearing for 2 years now with poly base and lace front, (not from toplace) i also have an exposed hairline.

I have only been using proflex tape and never tried anything different.

I am just wondering if proflex is not as good other other tapes or perhaps it is better? i only change the tape every 2 weeks.

is there a better product i could be using? i havent tried glues before but im pretty keen to stick with the tape but i feel it doesnt bond to the lace very well. the bond to the poly base is very strong i could probably get 3 weeks out of it.

any info appreciated.
i few pics of hairpiece also.

Attached Files Image(s)

06-28-2016, 01:17 PM,
RE: proflex tape (photos)
Proflex is a good tape. Due to different body chemistries, lifestyle, etc. both glue and tapes react differently with people. Some people write in a say they really like a tape and others write in and say it was just o.k.--due to the variables from one person to another. And in the summer time adhesives breakdown quicker than normal since people are out in the sun exercising and having fun. The glue and tapes become 'gooey' and they tend to spread out. So you have to change out more frequently. The Proflex tape has holes in in giving the impression that it allows ventilation and therefore is more comfortable in the summer. I've never run into anyone yet that has said the holes in Proflex make it more confortable. It's unnoticeable. Both Super Tape and Walker No Shine Tape are slightly stronger tapes but if you change out regularly you won't notice any difference using Proflex.
Regards,
John