Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took the step! Now questions
06-17-2016, 06:11 AM,
Took the step! Now questions
Hello everybody. I hope you guys are as helpful as always Smile
So today I finally did a cut in with a stylist for my very first system. The unit is tl700 thinskin by the way. The stylist lady used the tapes for the hold. As much as I love the style and the look (it makes me look incredibly good and I still had alot if hair, just thinning) It is really easy spottable to touch/feel etc.
Main problem is on the attached image. This excess base material really makes it impossible to show any hairline its just ridiculously bad. I kniw this isnt true but she said thats just how it is and that she cant remove it. So the first question will be how to deal with this/remove this.
And also the tapes are easily lifting by fingers with just a bit of pull, is that normal? I will write the tapes and contours name in the second post when I get home. Also the edges of the base can really easily be felt, though this is the most invisible base possible so I hope that is because of the tapes? Maybe I should use the glue or got2be? What are you guys usually using for thinskin? Tapes seem to be really easily felt...
And also how do you test the strength of attachment? It seems like the sustem slides just a bit when I pull it... And it lifts just funny if you lull the middle of the base. And bu the way when I play with the system hair the base or hair itself makes this unnatural plastic-bag like noise. Do you also have it?
I think i forgot many issues so I will keep updating the thread.
Though this all is really scary and intimidating I hope to sort it all out, just because it makes me look so good.

Attached Files Image(s)

06-17-2016, 06:25 AM,
RE: Took the step! Now questions
And sorry for this photo... if only I knew how to adjust its size. And its rotated to right for some reason
06-17-2016, 12:26 PM,
Hi Pker1234

It's great that your are so pleased to have good hair again; only imagine how pleased you will be when you solve these problems.

I have to be blunt and say that looks awful. Your stylist lady evidently knows nothing about hair replacement, so you need to find a new place or learn the technique so you do it yourself - it's not that hard.

The first thing is that she has hacked up the front of the base. Luckily it appears to be salvageable. You need to get a pair of small very sharp scissors and cut the front hairline again. The small curved nail scissors you can buy are ideal. With a skin base like this you can cut right up to within a whisker of the front hairs themselves, so that there is no plastic in front, and I think that works best. The front of the base doesn't have to be a straight line - in fact it is better if it isn't - but try to create smooth curves. I cut with the scissors at a 45 degree angle to the surface of the base, to get a really sharp invisible leading edge on the plastic.

Affixing a skin unit with tapes is not a good idea, because if you are not very careful you can rip the base when you try to remove the piece from your head or the old tapes from the piece, so be very careful when you detach - use a lot of alcohol or whatever solvent you are using. If there is used tape on the base when you get it off, soak it well until you can take it off easily.

Skin units really need to be applied with glue. You can just put glue around the perimeter, but then you will get the 'plastic bag' noise if you scratch the unattached middle of the base. So for the best result, you should try an whole-scalp bond. That solves the noise, and is also more secure and cooler (no air trapped under the base). The good thing with skin bases is that, unlike with lace, you can put the glue on the base itself. The glue has to go right up to the edge of the base, particularly at the hairline. I think if you follow this plan it should resolve most or all of the problems you have encountered.

If I were you, since you are just starting out, I would experiment with using Got2BGlued as an adhesive, rather than proper hairpiece glue.

Let us know how it goes.

Noah
06-18-2016, 04:49 AM,
Hello, Baldrich
Thanks for being so informative and helpful. I have bought the got2b and the scissors, but feel too scared to remove the base with tapes, though they are not even holding it really strong. Maybe there is some video or tutorial anywhere? I have some solvent the stylist sold me, I think I will try to do that tomorrow.
Also, can I cut the base where the hair is present, or only the part in front of it? And how do I apply the got2b, to the head or to the base itself? Do you know how much should I use?
And is it possible to dye the unit? Because I am having some issues, the colour seems to be decently correct, but it has some green or red element depending on lightning, which my own hair does not have. I heard of it somewhere, maybe there is some fix?
Thank you so much.
06-18-2016, 08:23 PM,
This video is pretty much what you have to do, but it is a lace piece:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P0HyMTr4q50
Just start from the back of the unit, take it really easy and slowly, and use lots of solvent. If there is tape left on the unit when you get it off, give it a long soaking before you try to get it off.

You can cut the part of the base which has hair on it, but the hairline is usually made with a special graduated density for a more natural look, so you don't really want to cut that away. Why do you need to cut into the hair?

You can apply Got2B either to your scalp or the base. I find applying it to the base is easier. I probably use about a tablespoonful to my whole scalp. You want a layer about half a millimetre thick all over, if that makes any sense.

You can dye the unit, but it is quite tricky - not really something you want to undertake in your first few days. If it up just a red tone you can cure that with colour-correcting shampoo. Can you take a picture which shows the problem? Blank out your face, obviously.
06-19-2016, 02:53 AM,
Hello
Here is the photo of redness. And can I do the touchup to my current tape attachment using got2b? Because I have to go to work tomorrow, my hairline lifts and I cant really do the tape-change thing today Im afraid... Just one time, will it di harm? Thank you.

Attached Files Image(s)

06-19-2016, 02:54 AM,
Edit: this only happens in funky lights like in that toilet lol. When on regular daylight, its more like a green element
06-19-2016, 04:32 AM,
You can repair your current tape attachment with Got2BGlued, no problem. I will write to you about the redness issue tomorrow.
06-19-2016, 03:20 PM,
Honestly, looking at that photograph, if that is the worst it gets I would just ignore it, at least for now. The colour variation is so slight that no one is going to pick up on it. It just looks like the slight variations that natural growing hair gets from being out in the sun.

As the piece ages the variation may get more pronounced, and then you may want to get some ash tone colour correction shampoo to take the red tones out. There are various brands available depending where you are. Are you in the US?
06-22-2016, 01:34 AM,
Thank you Baldrich, you are being really helpful. I am trying to cut the hairline, but I am a bit confused. There are like two layers of different materials, which ine should I cut? As far as I understand I should cut the bottom one, leaving the more transparent top one?
And by the way, got2b didnt work for me... It just didnt hold and the plastic bag noise persisted. I put on the got2b to head or base, wait like 5 minutes and thrn attach and wait for like 10-15 minutes is that correct? Currently I am back to tapes.
And will the ash tone correction shampoo help if my main concern is the dark greenish/swampish tone in more bright lightnings?
Thank you