Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Hair / Dyeing / some newbie questions
06-15-2016, 11:12 PM,
Long Hair / Dyeing / some newbie questions
Hi Everyone

I'm 27 years old and losing my hair pretty fast. It all started about two years ago, when I noticed much more hair everywhere. I went from a perfect head hair to a nw 2 - 2.5 hairline and a nw 4 crown within these two years. I were my hair long, tied to man bun. So I can hide my crown. Non of my friends suspecting that I'm balding. So i thought to give a Hair System a try...

Some questions: What about the dyeing. If I spend a whole day in the sun does this mean i have to dye the hair system in the evening? How often do I have to dye it in general?

Also i'd like to keep my style. This means a man bun. Is this even possible? A swiss lace front seems to be the best option for a natural hair line. On the other hand, thin skin is less visible but the hair behaves less natural. Lets assume i have tied my hair together most of the time. In that case it dosent really matter how the hair behaves, right?

I was thinking about an injected thin skin hairline. The rest would also be think skin but could be knotted, so it's more durable?

Also with glue i could probably wear this about 7 days without removing, or is this unrealistic?

The alternative would a thin skin with swiss lace front I guess.

I added a picture for the man bun style.

I'll try to upload some pictures of my hair line as soon as possible but have non available just now.

Thanks for any Help

Attached Files Image(s)

06-16-2016, 01:02 PM,
RE: Long Hair / Dyeing / some newbie questions
Hi LosingHair,
Thanks for your post. The man bun style can be achieved with a hair system. It's important not to pull the hair back too tightly as
that will put a lot of stress on the base. A day in the sun is tough on all hair--your own growing hair and a hair system--as the sunlight causes the hair to fade. That's how we get the term 'beach boy blonde.' Early on in the life of a hair system it probably wouldn't need to be dyed. Using a shampoo that conains a sunblock will help. You need to read the labels to see if the shampoo contains sunblock. But the sun damage is cumulative and soon you would need to color the hair. 'Back 2 Natural' is a great product for that. If possible it's a good idea to wear a cap if possible as that will protect the hair. Thin skin and lace both have great hairlines. I've worn both skin and lace units and I don't notice any difference in the way the hair behaves. After a few washings they seem the same. And if you're wearing a man bun it doesn't really matter anyhow. You're right about the knotted thin skin being more durable than the injected thin skin since there is more material to 'anchor' the hair. Wearing 7 days with a glue attachemtn is very reasonable. It would take only a medium strenght glue such as Liquid-Tape to achieve that. A stornger glue like Ultra Hold would go about 2 weeks or longer. Looking forward to see pics of your hairline.
Regards,
John