Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shave back and sides completely off and wear only on crown
06-08-2016, 01:30 AM,
shave back and sides completely off and wear only on crown
Hi guys

I was thinking of sporting a sides and back shaved hairdo with a topper only on the crown, is this an acievable lookfor wearers?
Somethingsimilar to the pic attached...

any thoughts or would like to hear from soneone spirting this look with a topper now.

cheers!

Attached Files Image(s)

06-08-2016, 12:51 PM,
RE: shave back and sides completely off and wear only on crown
I guess no one has any opinion here...
06-08-2016, 01:19 PM,
I've yet to actually start to wear anything, I will be ordering a topper soon. But based on all the stuff I have seen people talk about on the forums. I would say it would be pretty difficult to pull off that look. I have seen people do very short sides and typically a longer style on top. But in that image the hair is extremely short on the sides and top. Like I said, I'm fairly new around here, but I would guess it would be pretty difficult to go that short.
06-08-2016, 01:56 PM,
Good opinion thanks, the reason Im asking is because I live in a very hot and humid area in summer and am active in msrtial arts, getting sweaty in a very humid area tends to make lifting when engaged with an opponent high risk, in fact it happened twice.
I was thinking I really need to shave it all off and wear a bandana for martial arts, yet in business it is better to sport some amount of hair...
So I am at a crossroads.
06-09-2016, 04:14 AM,
That's rather alarming. How did it lift? What adhesive were you using?
06-10-2016, 02:06 AM,
Well When you're practicing martial
arts the grappling part is what can undo the bonding.
06-10-2016, 02:26 AM,
I would think the fear of that would be very distracting, unless you are very cool about the unit being ripped off. Would (could) you consider using head protection?
06-10-2016, 02:33 AM,
Are you the same Phoenix that had a lot of grief from a badly shedding unit back in the BA days? Did you ever get compensation from him?
06-10-2016, 01:00 PM,
Ah yes indeed, that certainly was an experience I ddnt need. Headgear isnt an option thats why Im thinking of shaving it all and not wearing when practicing, but wearing a bit for work since my boss feels a total no hair look majes me appear a little too aggressive...
06-11-2016, 01:45 AM,
Hi Phoenix,
A hairstyle like that is achieveable but it would require work. Essentially what you have is a hairline around the entire unit. People get a realistic hairline by getting the glue/tape right so that it doesn't show. With this style you'd have that challenge times 4. And a short style like that is unforgiving. A longer hair style can cover up things in a natural way. So bottom line, yes you can do it but with extra work to make sure the perimeter is undetectable.
Regards,
John