Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help: Thinning where lace meets natural hair at crown
05-31-2016, 04:47 AM,
Please Help: Thinning where lace meets natural hair at crown
Hi Everyone,
I'm wondering what I can do about this recent problem. I wear a topper and where the lace meets the natural growing hair (at the crown) there is significant thinning of the natural hair. I'm sure it's from several years of attaching, unattaching, adhesives, etc.
So I end up wearing the piece further and further back to cover the newly thinning area. What can I do about this?? I can get longer pieces, but then the thinning area will just continue expanding over time. Anyone else deal with this? It's becoming quite a problem.
Thanks!!
06-02-2016, 11:25 AM,
RE: Please Help: Thinning where lace meets natural hair at crown
Hi Closer2Free,
Over time bald areas have a nasty habit of growing larger. It's a fact of life. Moving the piece back a little solves the problem in the back--at the expense of creating a problem in front. The best way to handle this is to either adjust the size of the template or make a new template. It's very common for customers to write in and say, for example, 'please increase the length of my template by 1/4 inch.' Or increase the width by xx inch. We do this all the time. Or, if you prefer, you can make a new template and send it in.
Regards,
John