Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pics of my new piece
05-20-2016, 02:25 PM,
Pics of my new piece
Just got my new piece back today from having Debbie do a mail-in cut in. I then blended the sides and back myself and touched up a few spots that needed some trimming. I went for the high and tight fade which is coming back into fashion. Showing that even at 40 years old you can pull off a trendy cut with a full solid hairline.

Specs:
Swiss with poly back and sides
Custom ventilation with forward ventilation at the front no spike
55-6O%
Color matched to sample with 2% gray.
Attachment with ORWG

Styled with a bit of Sexy Hair Powder Play to allow it to be more easily styled and tone down the shine just a tad. Sexy Hair Control Maniac wax for sculpting and and hold with a very light mist of Ion alcohol free medium hold finishing spray.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-21-2016, 03:33 AM,
RE: Pics of my new piece
A few more.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-21-2016, 03:45 AM,
Hairline close-up.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-21-2016, 11:04 PM,
Superb result. I love the fullness and density of this.

Do you think there is much advantage in having the poly rim? I was a bit concerned it might be feelable with the high and tight cut.

Rich
05-22-2016, 07:45 AM,
Thanks.

For me I can only use poly sides. My body chemistry breaks down glue very rapidly into a gummy mess. If I had all lace then the glue would be everywhere in my hair from the pressure from sleeping which would cause it to bleed through the lace. This isn't a problem with the front as I don't sleep face down in a pillow. And the poly holds better than lace when you're really active and sweat a lot.

As long as you get the glue to the very edge and get it lined up right against where your natural hair starts you're only going to be able to feel the edge if you're pressing your fingers right against the edge. I still have some of my natural hair that isn't buzzed down. About half an inch and I've become really good at blending with scissors so it comes out spot on.

I've been wearing for 2 years and a couple months. I've never been busted ever but I'm pretty obsessive at checking to make sure that everything is blended and invisible before I leave the house every time. And I've had plenty of girls run their hands through the back of my hair. No reaction from them ever. Now it's easily conceivable that they may have felt it and never said anything or reacted but I'm pretty sure they haven't felt anything out of the ordinary.
05-23-2016, 07:34 AM,
good job, I love to short back and sides look, kinda my style
I'm gonna get my grey toned down a tad bitta brown
as someone commented it makes you look younger ask my hairdresser to colour my hair next week
05-23-2016, 08:50 AM,
Thanks. The sides are fadefaced with a #2 guard but I think I'll use a #3 next time. Just a little less dramatic.

I like the 1-2% gray for my age. It's just enough that you can catch sight of one every now and again. Makes it more realistic because people will tease you about it. "Ahh, I see a gray hair!" and no one thinks about a system having a few gary hairs in it. Just makes it appear natural.
05-23-2016, 02:16 PM,
Thanks for the insights AJ