Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any guys here wearing a full cap?
05-14-2016, 12:49 PM,
Any guys here wearing a full cap?
I sure would like to chat and get information from someone that wears a full cap. Thinking about getting one with long hair. Huge decision here.
05-15-2016, 03:29 AM,
RE: Any guys here wearing a full cap?
Hi PermanentWaves,
We get more and more requests for full caps. It has a couple of advantages over a topper. You don't have to be concerned about blending the color and blending the density with your own hair so that makes things easier. On the other hand, since it comes down onto your neck you need to make sure that you have a solid attachment in the next area so that the movement of your neck doesn't break the bond. Many people like to have 3/4" poly on the back and sides so that they have a solid surface to attach to and get the best bond. There's lots of full cap wearers out there--hope to hear their thoughts on wearing a full cap.
Regards,
John
05-16-2016, 02:25 AM,
Yes, I have heard about the swivel problem coming from the back of the neck. It has me very concerned. Was hoping to get something mostly lace to better handle the heat issues. Would be great to talk with someone who wears one.
05-18-2016, 12:34 PM,
By far our most popular material for a full cap is French lace with poly on the back and sides. It's comfortable, strong and undetectable. And it's great for the hot weather. Some people have used ILace which is hair that is 'sandwiched' between two layers of lace. It's also good and very strong. And the knots are well hidden. The downside to this material is that it doesn't 'breathe' as well as French lace. The two layers of lace don't allow the ventilation that French lace does. Tip: when making the template remember to mark where would you like the crown to be positioned (or no crown at all if that's your choice). This applies to both full cap templates as well as topper templates.
Regards,
John
05-19-2016, 02:59 AM,
@Perm

I wear a fullcap and have polly on the nape that I attach with tape. It's super strong and doesn't budge at all. I've worn for up to a week and 1/2 and the nape area has never been an issue for me once.

Wore a topper for less than a year and have so many more options with a fullcap, style-wise, that I'll never go back.