Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redness of Hair in Sunshine (pics)
05-09-2016, 01:04 AM,
Redness of Hair in Sunshine (pics)
Yesterday while driving with the top down in my car, I noticed a pretty fair amount of redness showing in my hair while in the direct sunlight. I mentioned this to my wife and she said she has noticed the redness in all of my pieces over the years (while outside in bright sunlight). Is this just part of wearing hair, or is there a way to counter this? Note: I have used Back 2 Natural coloring when I've noticed a need for a touch up in indoor lighting and that appears to help. Not sure it helps with the redness in sunshine though.

~E
05-09-2016, 11:18 AM,
RE: Redness of Hair in Sunshine
Hi Encouraged,
Sometimes it's the oxidization of the hair. It loses color over time due to exposure to sunlight and washing. It's also true for real growing hair--that's how we get the term 'beach boy blonde.' And sometimes it's just the effect of different types of light. But direct sunlight can be the harshest light. Most likely it's the effect of the direct sunlight. Back 2 Natural is a great product for returning color to the hair. With summer coming up and people are outside more it's a good product to have on hand.
Regards,
John
05-10-2016, 01:23 PM,
Hi John. Thanks for your response. I use Back2Natural often and the color of my hair while inside looks fine. Just not used to seeing it look so red in the direct sunlight. I own a convertible and it was while driving in direct sunshine this past weekend that I noticed the redness while looking in the rearview mirror. It was actually quite alarming to look at.

~E
05-15-2016, 02:12 AM,
Hi Encouraged

A few things you can try which i use is first off try Aufero hair color conditoner much better then Back2Natural in my opinion, make sure you use leave in conditioner with sunscreen i just carry a small bottle with me and just give the hair a quick spray over every now and then when out in the sun.

I also colour my hair every six weeks and use a colour drabber from wella 050 which puts a very suttle violet colour through the hair which counters the red.

A few pictures of my piece in direct sunlight there's still some red but to be honest i have looked at other peoples hair in the sunlight and you can see red tones.

Regards

Mickey

Attached Files Image(s)

05-15-2016, 03:30 AM,
RE: Redness of Hair in Sunshine (pics)
Thanks MickeyBlueEyes. I haven't tried Aufero color conditioner as I've always been pleased with 'Back 2 Natural.' I'll give it a try.
John