Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How fragil is your scalp?
03-20-2016, 09:51 AM,
How fragil is your scalp?
Hey All,

A few weeks ago I complained about the hardbond my stylist chose. He left it for 3 weeks and even said that that 3 weeks was sooner than he originally hoped. I had to take it off because it was unbearably itchy. When he took it off there were so many irritation spots, but he insisted it was from me scratching (which I never mentioned I did, so he had an excuse lined up). We used a different hardbond and tape on my back and sides poly so I'll see in a few days what my skin looks like this time. The part that bothers me is that I obviously had broken skin that needed to heal, and he was gung-ho about getting my unit hardbonded back on after only a few minutes of letting the wounds get air. I'll see if there is any damage this time. If there is, I wont want to continue hardbonding because its not worth scarring my scalp.

Buy anyway, I was doing a simple front tape de-rebond, and it had been left on for a while so it was a bit gummy. No problem. Extra cleanup time but not a big deal. There was some residue on my scalp after the tape peeled off with Lace Release, so I gently used my nails to scrape it away with some shampoo before I tried the C22-DesolveIt and i start bleeding! I don't get it! It could be from the scrapping, but still. Im not sure. Im worried that my scalp is super sensitive and can't take much. I especially dont want to scar my scalp since that would be awful.

So, can anyone else relate? Or do I just have a super sensitive scalp? Again, Im not sure if its the adhesives or light scratching, but I keep harming my scalp with the bonding methods ive been using. Even gentle tape at the hairline! I don't get it.... For reference, I am the type of guy who's face is too sensitive to shave without breaking out with irritation on his neck. When I shaved my head once with 0mm clippers briefly, my scalp hurt kind of in a stinging way, but I was told that was somewhat common from someone else who has shaved.

Anyway, if anyone here has struggled with bonding irritation (either from scratching or the bond itself), please share.

If I had it my way, I would be wearing a thin skin unit and attaching it myself every 2 days or so with Got2Be Glued since I really like it, but it seeps through regular lace
03-20-2016, 01:08 PM,
RE: How fragil is your scalp?
I have very sensitive skin as well and found hard bond and even using tape can really irritate my scalp i use orwg.

Head blade clear skin lotion really helps to prep the scalp.

de-bond every 2 weeks any longer and you risk skin irritation i started at every week and slowly worked up to 2 weeks.

when i get sore patches where it has bleed i leave it off for the nite to breath use some spray plaster and do a few weeks of weekly de-bonding.

Regards

Mickey

Attached Files Image(s)

04-13-2016, 10:40 AM,
RE: How fragil is your scalp?
I've always questioned the 'hard bonds.' Hair Club does hard bonds also. First they put tape on the perimeter of the unit and then they add a super strong glue called 'Poly Fuse.' It lasts about 6 weeks. Having an attachment last this long without removing it and cleaning the scalp is unsanitary. Your scalp starts to itch. Hair Club used to sell, and maybe they still do sell, a product called 'Alive.' It's a liquid that you pour through the base material and it supposedly dissolves the crud that has accumulated on your scalp over the course of 6 weeks weeks without being removed. It's more comfortable to remove the hair system after about 2 weeks, clean your scalp and then reattach the unit.
John