Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coloring hair-lace-vaseline-knot sealer
02-19-2016, 12:38 PM,
Coloring hair-lace-vaseline-knot sealer
I'm coloring a blonde lace unit to dark brown. Has anyone had success with protecting the lace with knot sealer alone? (I assume it would take several coats to protect the lace?)

Or is the only option Vaseline?
03-24-2016, 12:53 PM,
RE: Coloring hair-lace-vaseline-knot sealer
Why no replies??????????????
03-25-2016, 02:02 PM,
Hi ya

My experiences when colouring its all trail and error really. so i colour my piece and my own hair every 6 weeks i make sure i use knot sealer one coat 2 weeks prior to colouring as i de-bond every 2 weeks.

When colouring i use Vaseline for extra protection only on the crown area as that is where i mostly show scalp.

what are you using to colour?

I use wella colour charm 4A Medium Ash Brown, wella 050 cooling violet drabber to tone down the red and wella Creme 20 Volume. mix these in the correct quantities in a bowl add around 6oz of hot water then i just dip my piece in the bowl work it through the hair take it out and leave for no more then 2 minutes then i apply the rest to my own hair for 20 min which i find works well for me.
08-02-2016, 05:39 AM,
Hi Mickey, that's a permanent color ain't it? Are there are no problems with that?

I think my color is similar, and I'm looking at the dye brand options... would it be possible for you to post a picture of the resulting color? Thanks a lot