Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For James Kennedy (other comments welcome)
07-10-2009, 09:16 AM,
Question For James Kennedy (other comments welcome)
I just purchased a toplace piece recently with a french lace base. My question for James or anybody else is how do you manage lift on your piece if you have hair underneath. James I read that you still have a decent amount of hair underneath your piece(just some recession) so have you come across any issues of lift or had a hard time with application with the buzzed hair underneath the lace? Also, since im going for a similiar style as yours do you buzz your head to a uniform # before you apply or do you buzz the top to a 0 or #1 and leave the sides longer? Thanks.
07-10-2009, 03:42 PM,
Re: Question For James Kennedy (other comments welcome)
drew100 Wrote:do you buzz the top to a 0 or #1 and leave the sides longer? Thanks.
You shave the top of your hair head completely bare.

Well, it is possible to use clips instead to attach the unit to preexisting hair, instead of gluing the unit onto bare skin, but I wouldn't recommended it.
07-10-2009, 03:52 PM,
I'm still bald, even if I let my hair grow, it would look awful. I'm pretty thin on top with recession. I also have a sizeable bald spot.

I shave it down to nothing on top where the hairpiece is going to be attached.
07-12-2009, 06:55 AM,
Thanks for the comments. I just wasnt sure how much length I could get away with underneath the piece. My plan was to buzz to a #3 all over and attach it from there. But now that looks like it wont work and since it is lace it might not be functinal because of lift. I guess a skin base might give me more wiggle room but Ive heard lace is better to go with as your first. No problems, I guess I'll just buzz to a #1 or #0