Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braiding & weaving vs tape & glue
01-12-2016, 01:48 PM,
Braiding & weaving vs tape & glue
My 1st system will arriving shortly & the place that I bought it from recommends a procedure where the system is put on top of your own hair, the front part of the system is glued to your head, but the rest is weaved & fastened to a braid made into your own hair.

I've never worn a system before & can't find any detail on this particular method. Everything I see online is tape & glue.

They told me that their way is superior to tape & glue & although they offer both methods, the vast majority pick the braid/weaver method.

Does anyone here have any info or 1st hand experience with this?
01-13-2016, 01:50 AM,
RE: Braiding & weaving vs tape & glue
Braiding is technology from the 70's. It causes traction alopecia, the braid is highly detectable to the touch, and your piece becomes loose as your hair grows out. Plus you still have to depend on glue or tape to secure the front hairline. I can't think of a single upside to it, except for the salon.
01-13-2016, 06:02 AM,
Thank you for the response. It didn't make sense to me either, except that now you're beholden to the salon to maintain your hair forever since they do the weave.
06-29-2016, 03:57 AM,
I don't use braids but I do have my system beaded to the back and sides and I just maintain the front hairline. I do work in a salon with my stylist so that is an advantage. The bead tightening takes about 15 min and at this point I only need it every 3 or 4 weeks.