Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello active sweaty guys
01-12-2016, 11:50 AM,
RE: hello active sweaty guys
I wouldn't say I live a very, very active lifestyle like you, but I have bursts of very active time (competitive cycling and mountain biking), and I live in a sweaty part of the world. I find the piece works OK for me. The adhesives available are really efficient. I aim for a 6 day hold and that is feasible. I rarely have to retouch the adhesive.

For your kind of lifestyle I would suggest you go for a lace base for breathability, and order a thinskin perimeter on the back and sides, which will give you a better surface for taping it on. Don't get the thinskin at the front hairline (doesn't look as good), but you could have a line of thinskin about three-quarters of an inch behind the hairline and parallel with it; then you can put in a line of tape to take the strain off the glue at the hairline.

You will need to experiment with tapes and glue to find the best one for you. If you are finding the sweat a problem you can also use liquid bandage on your scalp underneath where the adhesive goes, to provide a moisture barrier to stop the sweat spoiling your adhesion, or you can also use strong anti-perspirant.

Even with a solid hold I would be wary of doing a sport where there was the possibility of my hair actually being pulled in a sweaty situation, like wrestling or rugby. The whole unit wouldn't come off, but a sharp tug when you have been sweating could dislodge the hairline or something. I would only do those sports wearing head protection.

Hope this is useful.

Rich

Messages In This Thread
hello active sweaty guys - sevenupyours - 01-11-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: hello active sweaty guys - Baldrich - 01-12-2016, 11:50 AM
RE: hello active sweaty guys - antywanty - 01-26-2016, 09:33 AM
RE: hello active sweaty guys - Bryjohn42 - 04-24-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: hello active sweaty guys - Bryjohn42 - 04-25-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: hello active sweaty guys - Bryjohn42 - 04-27-2016, 02:55 PM
RE: hello active sweaty guys - Bryjohn42 - 04-29-2016, 12:09 AM
RE: hello active sweaty guys - Bryjohn42 - 06-25-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: hello active sweaty guys - GettingHair - 08-21-2016, 07:11 PM