Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello active sweaty guys
05-06-2016, 03:12 AM,
RE: hello active sweaty guys
(01-11-2016, 07:48 PM)sevenupyours Wrote: hi, im new here. Been looking and reading around about wearing for a while now and i think i want to make a move. Im pretty much a NW5/6, ive been buzzing my hair for the past year and i look pretty good but i still miss my hair...like everyday, especially cuz im still in my mid 20s. so im super active, i workout and play ball 5-6x/wk , i sweat a lot, like a lot a lot (like even when i eat), i shower twice a day and i live on a lake so i swim very frequently, almost everyday in the summer. Anyways, i want to hear from those guys that wear and live a VERY active lifestyle.. is it worth it for a guy like me? if so, how long will my piece hold up? how long do you think i can go without fixing it? i serously think it might not even last a day with me. and will it come of when im playing ball, get kinda rough sometimes? i dont know of any pro athletes that wear, maybe its the reason why they dont. look forward to hearing from you guys! thank you!

I guess it all comes down to how comfortable you are with a bald head.. If I looked as good with no hair as say, Stone Cold Steve Austin.. The Rock..Ule Brenner, I would NEVER ware hair!! What freedom that would be.
06-25-2016, 11:38 AM,
time for an update
Ive been wearing for a couple months now and so far ive found ORWG to be complete garbage, wont hold for more than a day and constantly forms grey gunk in and around the lacefront.
Walker no shine gives me excellent hold for 7 days then falls off.
Walker Ultra Hold is weird, it barely holds for the first three days (lifts after getting wet) then on the fourth day it locks down like a vice, i am currently getting two week holds easily and could go three if i chose to (i dont for hygeine reasons).
I have decided to use ultra hold tape on the sides and back and once i find out what glue they use on the "no shine", i will purchase a bottle and use it for the lace front.
Btw, does anyone know the glue equivalent walker uses on "no shine" tape? Ive emailed a couple companies and no one has responded??

I am keeping my lacefront covered at all times still because the company i ordered from (hairpiecewarehouse) sent out an unbleached unit, although they claim in email it was ? But you can clearly look at the pics i posted to decide
I ordered a stock unit in light brown so im thinking it was sitting on the shelf for a while, who knows, also it seems to have an olive green tint to it when not in sunlight, ive had several people ask me if i recently dyed my hair green, i just respond yes ?

Im saving up for a custom unit and will order it soon because im looking forward to exposing the hairline once i have a decent bleach job
Quote:I guess it all comes down to how comfortable you are with a bald head.. If I looked as good with no hair as say, Stone Cold Steve Austin.. The Rock..Ule Brenner, I would NEVER ware hair!! What freedom that would be.

Im ripped and jacked like the rock and stone cold, i also have the skull shape for a shaved head. There are two specific reasons i disagree with your assesment of "freedom"
1. Shaving your head Every. Single. Day...
A lot of people dont realize the hassle and amount of time this takes and has to be done daily if you want it smooth without a shadow showing off your bald areas. Not to mention the cost of razor blades, i was using a new replacement five blade every couple days, now i just remove my unit every two weeks and hit it with electric clippers (ten minutes to buzz it) couldnt be happier

2. Being ripped and jacked and bald is scary to a lot of people, i was constantly being followed by store security, guys would cross to the other side of the aisle when they saw me coming, and people in general would go way out of their way to not cross your path (picture a woman stopping 10 feet ahead of you so she dosnt cross your path and accidently bump into you) it was comical at times, i could walk through any crowd at the mall and not even get brushed by an elbow.
Now that i wear my unit and look like fabio the difference is night and day, regular people come up to me in the store and ask me nutrition and exercise advise, also people (females especially) go out of their way to talk to me/bump into me. Its quite amazing the difference hair makes in the way people percieve you.
08-21-2016, 07:11 PM,
So I've been only wearing a system for 3 days. So far it's been a bit of a disaster unfortunately... I'm polly on the back and sides and have a lace front. The tape I use (unbranded as the uk company I use rebrand everything with there own branding) has held the entire time. The lace front with white glue (again unbranded) I'm lucky to get 3-4h before it turns white and gummy and that's with the addition of a scalp protector being applied beforehand.
I'm very active, 4-5 days in the gym, heavy weights and cardio and naturally I'm a very hot person.
Currently I have another week off and have ordered 6 different glues to try (not cheap but it's amazing to have hair again so I'm doing everything I can to make this work)
Will keep you posted on how things go, additional advice will be well received also!