Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello active sweaty guys
01-11-2016, 07:48 PM,
hello active sweaty guys
hi, im new here. Been looking and reading around about wearing for a while now and i think i want to make a move. Im pretty much a NW5/6, ive been buzzing my hair for the past year and i look pretty good but i still miss my hair...like everyday, especially cuz im still in my mid 20s. so im super active, i workout and play ball 5-6x/wk , i sweat a lot, like a lot a lot (like even when i eat), i shower twice a day and i live on a lake so i swim very frequently, almost everyday in the summer. Anyways, i want to hear from those guys that wear and live a VERY active lifestyle.. is it worth it for a guy like me? if so, how long will my piece hold up? how long do you think i can go without fixing it? i serously think it might not even last a day with me. and will it come of when im playing ball, get kinda rough sometimes? i dont know of any pro athletes that wear, maybe its the reason why they dont. look forward to hearing from you guys! thank you!
01-12-2016, 11:50 AM,
RE: hello active sweaty guys
I wouldn't say I live a very, very active lifestyle like you, but I have bursts of very active time (competitive cycling and mountain biking), and I live in a sweaty part of the world. I find the piece works OK for me. The adhesives available are really efficient. I aim for a 6 day hold and that is feasible. I rarely have to retouch the adhesive.

For your kind of lifestyle I would suggest you go for a lace base for breathability, and order a thinskin perimeter on the back and sides, which will give you a better surface for taping it on. Don't get the thinskin at the front hairline (doesn't look as good), but you could have a line of thinskin about three-quarters of an inch behind the hairline and parallel with it; then you can put in a line of tape to take the strain off the glue at the hairline.

You will need to experiment with tapes and glue to find the best one for you. If you are finding the sweat a problem you can also use liquid bandage on your scalp underneath where the adhesive goes, to provide a moisture barrier to stop the sweat spoiling your adhesion, or you can also use strong anti-perspirant.

Even with a solid hold I would be wary of doing a sport where there was the possibility of my hair actually being pulled in a sweaty situation, like wrestling or rugby. The whole unit wouldn't come off, but a sharp tug when you have been sweating could dislodge the hairline or something. I would only do those sports wearing head protection.

Hope this is useful.

Rich
01-26-2016, 09:02 AM,
Thank you Rich, that was actually very helpful. Surprised not to many focks on this forum are super active. I was reading some dudes story on this forum who went on vacation to mexico and barely swam because of his hair. Kinda sad if you ask me.
01-26-2016, 09:33 AM,
i go to the gym 4 times a week do 20 mins on 3 cardio machines and sweat like hell
down my forehead, I wear thin skin

bond holds great

no problems
04-24-2016, 08:59 PM,
Are you guys using hard bond or soft bond?
So far ive tried ORWG and it wont even hold the front lace for a day, three days in and its virtually falling off my head all around, not to mention it constantly seeps down and hair gets stuck in it at all times.
Next i tried the walker tape method posted by member reubin and by day three the thin tape at the front has totally released
I dont have a fortune to keep trying the seemingly endless supply of glues/tapes so im thinking of trying hard bond or just use a forward hair style to cover the hairline and use the heavier walker tape all around the perimeter
04-25-2016, 04:17 AM,
Excessive sweat from head seems to be a common denominator with a lot of bald guys
I do a physical job and some days its like a waterfall running off my head If Im wearing a cap it becomes saturated As Im thinking of wearing it is a bit of a worry as I wonder how the attachment would hold up . The last thing I or any wearer would want is the paranoia of the system coming loose and lifting at the hairline so what can be done to reduce sweating - or do I have to give up the idea of wearing a system
04-25-2016, 10:07 AM,
max headroom you seem to have the same concerns as me, i am a bodybuilder and do heavy lifting every other day, on the rest days i do heavy cardio, these glues/tapes that are touted by others as being great for sweat and activity arent holding up well for even two days and they are very expensive, i love the way the system makes me look but if im going to have to rebond every single day then it just isnt worth it, im looking for something that will hold up to four days, hopefully someone else who has overcome this problem will chime in
04-27-2016, 02:55 PM,
The thin walker tape hasnt held up, it turned to a goppy goo on the third day and even started coming off the lace leaving a greyish line below and a little ways back from the lacefront, the heavier walker tape behind and around the sides has held up beautifully except i dont think it will make a perfect hairline. I have decided to just use the walker heavy tape around the entire perimeter and ive gotten my hair cut like the guy in this pic, it completely hides the hairline and looks quite stylish so im happy for now
Also to give you guys an idea of what the tapes up against, i do heavy lifting (3+hours) every other day and on the days in between i do two hours heavy cardio, so most of you probably would be fine with the thinner tape for long term hold
http://imgur.com/9aUv6dm
04-28-2016, 08:39 AM,
Ok, so I'm extremely active. I lift 5 days a week and I do a lot of stuff outdoors. I sweat a lot and I have extremely oily skin. I also sweat often when I sleep. I can get about 3-4 days hold normally with ORWG. But for me the godsend is scalp protector. I can get 7 days easily with scalp protector and 12 days if I have to push it. I use 3 thin layers of regular Walker Scalp Protector on my hairline and 2 layers of the thick Walker Scalp Protector on my sides and back. I use a Swiss lace piece with poly sides and back. I use 4 thin layers of ORWG on my hairline. 3 or less layers and I get lifting. 4 works great for me and builds up enough that the Swiss lace disappears into it. I use 2 layers on my back and sides. I apply 1 layer to my scalp and 1 layer to the poly. And even after 12 days the poly is still holding decently.

You should try the scalp protectors. Mad a massive difference for me. I only had to change once a week instead of twice.
04-29-2016, 12:09 AM,
Thanks for your advice americanjambo, i just fitted yesterday with walker heavy tape all around but in a week ill refit and try the scalp protector method