Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a Fullcap Template
07-12-2009, 11:19 PM,
Creating a Fullcap Template
hey guys

i did some research on the inet but i was not able to find any site or at least video explaining in detail how to create a fullcap template. i have never done so before, therefore it's kinda hard for me to value what i have created so far especially when it comes to the temple points.

so what do you think about the outline i have drawn on my head? does it look natural? btw i am 25 years old. i know there are some fullcap experts around here (eg jrob and others) so i would highly appreciate your comments.

thanks. jay

Attached Files Image(s)

07-14-2009, 05:17 AM,
Re: Creating a Fullcap Template
Anybody?
07-14-2009, 10:39 AM,
That looks pretty good to me.

At 25 years old I would try to use the general area of your natural hairline (when it was there). For some people you can scrunch your face up and it's easily visible. Other people might have to guess it. Actually I'm 37 and I still use my natural hairline with just a bit of recession.

Those are pretty strong temple points, which can really help with the realism when you get the shape correct and they line up with your sideburns properly. The only thing is with temple points that strong I would make sure you draw on the direction you want them ventilated (probably down and back). Actually i would do that with the whole piece AND send a picture of the style you are trying to achieve so the factory can see that it's going to be a guy wearing it. This is especially important with short styles, since ventilation is crucial.
07-15-2009, 05:50 AM,
hi jrob

thanks for your great feedback. considering the ventilaton of the temple points is something i was not even aware of!
is there any way i can contact you via email or so? i would like to send you a couple of pictures along with the specs for my fullcap and i would kindly like to ask you to confirm my specs. from what i have seen so far, you really seem to be an expert when it comes to fullcaps and therefore your feedback would mean a lot to me.

i appreaciate your help mate!

thanks,

jay
07-17-2009, 05:06 PM,
Jay,

I'd be happy to give you some pointers.

I'm in the process of transitioning into a new email address, it's <!-- e --><a href="mailto:JRob@HairJive.com">JRob@HairJive.com</a><!-- e -->

I'll watch for your email.