Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock piece questions
12-10-2015, 08:28 PM,
Stock piece questions
Hi everyone,

I'm new to all this and have a few questions.

I want to order a french lace stock piece. I want to see some photos of what a stock piece looks once attached, I'm guessing most of the pics shown on this site are custom. I just want to see what hairstyles you can wear with a stock piece, I know 'any hair style', but I just want to see some pics to see what is possible.

Are the knots bleached all the way through the piece or just at the front? I've seen some old threads where the knots dont look very bleached. Have Toplace only started doing this in the last couple of years?

Given that my hair colour won't be matched perfectly on a stock piece, is it better to go a little lighter or darker than you think when ordering? What I mean is, is it more natural to be a bit lighter on top, or a bit lighter on your sides, I've never given this any thought, I'm guessing one shade lighter if in doubt.

Thanks for your replies!
12-12-2015, 08:49 AM,
RE: Stock piece questions
Be aware that stock systems are a middle-of-the-road solution .....some people find they`re a perfect fit, others will find the perimeter will tend to crease/ pleat in places ...this is because your skull-shape is individual to you and may not be fully ` compatible` with the ` standard ` curvature of a stock...just something to bear in mind.
In my opinion, If you intend to order stock, if you think the color may not be an exact match to your growing -hair, go for a slightly darker shade ...after a few washes and exposure to sun, it`ll `lighten`....in the meantime, you can use things like gels to make your own look darker, in order to give a better-looking ` match` .....all system-hair oxidizes and looks ` lighter` after a while.
12-16-2015, 03:12 AM,
Thanks for the reply, I would never have thought of the color getting lighter over time.
A further question. How much hair is too much to wear? If you reattached each week and buzzed down would that work or are there issues with not getting a good enough bond? I have attached a few pics from Google, could these guys wear if they really wanted to?

Attached Files Image(s)

12-16-2015, 04:25 PM,
Yes, those guys could wear hear if they shaved the fine thin hair off there heads where the hair system would be applied. The reasons for shaving the thin hair off is twofold. First, the bases are translucent and allow the color of the scalp to show through for realism. So any hair left unshaved would be visible under the base. Second, you get a stronger bond if there is clean skin to attach to. All knots are bleached at the factory. Some suppliers only bleach knots at the front of a unit. We bleach all knots.
Regards,
John