Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like some input on photos
12-13-2015, 07:38 AM,
RE: Would like some input on photos
Yeah ...color-of-hair can look way different to the reality ...depends on the camera and or Computer monitor...
The Mousse comes in various shades...you can use their little color chart to see what your nearest-match would be ...I suggested it just for your temple-area and above the sideburns...it would Volumize the hair and darken the scalp skin , thus giving the appearance of thicker hair ...it`s pretty reasonably-priced too ..... Debbie does an online-consultaion for a small charge [45$] .... I think she uses Skype .... that would save you traveling, just to get her advice ..by all means, if / when you are ready to wear, you could consider a trip then. Just e-mail her to schedule!
Regarding your two ` worries` .....detectability ..there`s always going to be a risk of someone feeling the edge of the system.....it`s not possible to be guaranteed this will never happen.....finger-tips are extremely sensitive, and just the texture of lace to the touch as opposed to human skin, well, it can sometimes be detected ....it`s one of those aspects of this wearing -game that you just have to be prepared to deal with, should it happen....to my mind, it`s definitely an issue or ` worry` .....there`s no other way I can put it. Guys have reported being ` busted` ... I think it becomes an issue that has to [usually anyway] be brought out into the open, should a person think they may be becoming ` serious` with another person as a partner....the stress of getting ` involved` first, and being anxious about being ` busted` before being ready to reveal the ` secret` ....well ..it can put guys off actually getting ` involved` ..it`s worse for younger guys I think.... definitely an issue you have to factor -in ......however, nowadays, many many people are not prepared to just let things like hairloss, or lines/wrinkled skin, drooping eyelids etc. affect their self-esteem ..they get cosmetic procedures done and most people now take these things as ` normal` .....women wear hair too, not just guys ..... some people may have an issue with the fact of you wearing, many others will not....I think if a person let a thing like hair-wearing affect their ` feelings` towards that wearer, well, it`s pretty shallow....would the fact of wearing false teeth cloud their judgement also ?
I`ve been hearing about a possible`cure` for baldness for the last 20 years or more ..still waiting ...... I do keep an eye on some aspects of it, but not very much ...... whoever discovers it, will be worth a fortune ..license to print mega-bucks forever !
Adhesives used to secure systems onto the scalp, are usually medical-grade ..having said that, some tapes can cause scalp irritation on some guys ... we`re all a bit different...and what holds very well for one , may not be so good when used on a different scalp. but such products don`t damage hair follicles etc. under the skin.....if something internally taken or administered topically, to get those follicles to grow hair again, were to come along, then there`s no logical reason why glue -use previously, should interfere with that.
It`s reckoned that the [internally-produced] chemical DHT [Google it, anyone who`s interested] is a major player in male-pattern baldness but inhibiting it`s production [which can be done both by diet and /or drugs ] is not always necessarily a good thing ..it`s a complicated picture.... meanwhile, as we await the discovery of the holy grail, we carry on sticking hair to our scalps !!
12-13-2015, 03:56 PM,
Hi Paul; yes I haven't posted here much in recent years. I couldn't stand one of the (very) regular posters. Happy he seems to have drifted off somewhere else (everywhere else, actually). I should try to take more of an interest. If it weren't for you this place would be useless and dead. You are a national treasure.
12-13-2015, 03:56 PM,
I am with a long term girlfriend now who knows I wear, but I was "in the field" for several years while wearing a piece. Maybe I was just lucky, but I didn't find detectability a problem. Of course yes, if you are dating and getting intimate you will want to make sure you have a first class attachment and a fresh piece with neatly trimmed front lace, and it does dictate the kind of unit you should go for - all Swiss lace (no poly borders that could be felt), and you will likely want to do a full head bond with glue rather than a perimeter bond with tape (which again can be felt). So it is more work, but of course the payback is ample reward LOL. For most guys good looking hair is worth at least 2 points in the female scale of 1 to 10. I don't want to be coarse, but suffice it to say I had a very good time that I would never have had as a partially bald man. My current girlfriend is also, I would say, out of my league in terms of looks if I am not wearing the piece.

One giveaway that I noticed, which no one ever seems to mention, is that with a perimeter bond you get "slack" in the fit of the piece, so if a girl were to pull the centre of the unit she would be able to feel it lifting slightly off your scalp, which obviously real hair wouldn't do. That's why I think a full scalp bond is important in those situations.

I have never been busted by a girl I was dating while I have been wearing these fine lace pieces. There is a different problem which affects younger men who wear, and that is when and how to break the news to someone you are serious about. You don't want to mention it too early and break the romance, but equally you don't want to wait years and then find that the hairpiece is a deal breaker for her, and you have wasted a lot of both your time. Everyone has their own prescription for this, but it is always an uncomfortable conversation to have. One thing I will say is that I feel the stigma for men's hairpieces is gradually lessening among younger women. You still get the ewww reaction from some people (in the general population I mean, not girlfriends), but girls are more accepting now of men wanting to improve their looks - male plastic surgery, teeth whitening, the whole gym body thing. Also, there have been a number of younger good looking celebrities who have been revealed to be wearing hairpieces, such as Henrique Eglesias or Olly Murs (UK singer), so it is no longer associated in their minds purely with old men in wash n' wear toupees.

I'm no medic, but I don't believe the glues we use would have any effect on regrowth drugs. Unfortunately I also don't believe we will see viable regrowth drugs in my lifetime.

Rich
12-13-2015, 09:43 PM,
Hi Baldrich ... Good to see you back, and thanks for the kind comments ! The last line made me smile broadly !!
Your last post there ...really well-put and I think you just put it ``as is`` ....... it`s a tight-rope act on the ` dilemma` of not telling someone early-on, but then , if/when things may be getting more serious, when exactly to do so [ and it IS best to do so] ...... you`ve got to put yourself in the other person`s shoes really --how would you feel if they revealed something about themselves which may be of ``importance`` to you, months after getting involved with you....you might feel, maybe, ` cheated`` that they took so long in trusting you...... what may / will ` bother` one person, may not bother another ....just depends on the individual I suppose .....cheers for now guys.
12-15-2015, 01:39 AM,
Hey guys, thanks for the input. Baldrich you saying you never had a detectability issue while playing the field is definitely helpful. I just really dont want people to know im bald. See the worst thing for me is I actually broke up with my girlfriend of about 5 months almost 2 months ago. The reason is she kept making comments about bald guys and how it just looks terrible. What really did it is we were standing in a check out line at wal mart one day and she saw a magazine with a picture of prince William or w.e, and she commented on how he used to be so attractive when he had hair and she thought the princess could do so much better now. And I realized that in like a year i will probably look like him with almost no hair and I figured she would dump me anyway so I dumped her first and made up some BS about how I felt different about her. Which I didnt, I actually really liked her, but oh well.

So now im back to the single life and trying to not be bummed out all the time. I think I am going to get a hairline piece, maybe with temple flaps made out of sfs lace that I will bond with orwg. I would rather have a stock piece and cut them out myself, but I want sfs not french lace, even if they are similar. I want as undetectable as possible. And then maybe a small crown piece. OR maybe I could get a custom topper made of sfs to my specs and then cut my pieces from the topper, would that work better? I will still try your idea paul of using the mousse on my temples, I just don't know if it will work for me and my lifestyle if I'm sleeping over a girls house or showering with her and my head starts runing brown lol. If i can get away with just a piece right now thatd be sweet. I think one plus for me is that I took accutane when I was like 18 and it dried up my pores pretty good so my skin is not very oily at all anymore so my bonds should hold well.

I just have to bite the bullet and go for it. I may have to wait until after Christmas to order though since money is tight now after buying gifts for everyone.Thanks for the help though you guys, definitely helps having experienced people give you their opinions.
01-30-2016, 12:31 AM,
Do you brush your hair forward? If so I assume you can still pull that off with ease. I used to do that a few years ago but it became too time consuming and after time it looked like a bird nest on top of my head lol.

So I decided to brush my hair back. This meant I needed to wear as I had similiar recession to you. But the recession wasnt the problem, I have a thin head so simply brushing some of my hairline to the side made me look like a NW0/1.

The problem was I had a high hairline so I used a piece to lower it.

Even though I brushed my hair back I would grow it out so it would flop forward so I didn't totally expose the hairline which made life easier.

I think choosing to wear now would be beneficial because no-one will notice as you have still got a decent head of hair.

If you just want a thicker crown area and leave the front then I'm sure ToplaceUSA could post pictures of people who do that...I'd imagine its very common.
02-02-2016, 06:17 AM,
Davies,

Yes I brush my hair forward - almost like the old justin bieber style parted to the right. So it hides the recession well enough right now. The problem is that its getting worse and even the thicker part of my head is starting to miniaturize. So i will need something soon. I am going to go with thin skin, but dont know if I should try making a partial template or getting a stock piece and cutting my partial from it.

I seem to change my mind everyday. A topper isnt needed right now, but both the crown is thinning and hairline receding. So I would need a piece for the crown and one for hairline. Thats why I think it may be best to buy a topper and cut my pieces from it.

The whole process just seems very daunting right now. Some days I think its the answer, others I just can't see how it will possibly work for me. I work out a lot, and wear hats a lot. I don't know how well a piece will hold up for me in summertime while working out. Im not very artistic so I dont know how well ill do with the template making or how well ill make a hairline if I cut my own piece from stock. Im a student in school, live on my own, and work long hours for crap money so I dont have a lot to throw away on stock pieces or bonding agents that may not work. And the only few studios around me that do cut ins and specialize in pieces have quoted me in the thousands for a piece and all over $100 for cut ins that they may screw up. I also read that color match is very hard when buying stock so i may have to return a couple before it matches mine. Idk..Im kind of lost right now with this. Spending like $300 on a thin skin topper with a chance of ruining it with my cut in or trimming out my pieces is kind of freaking me out.
02-27-2016, 01:00 AM,
(02-02-2016, 06:17 AM)kmay3891 Wrote: Davies,

Yes I brush my hair forward - almost like the old justin bieber style parted to the right. So it hides the recession well enough right now. The problem is that its getting worse and even the thicker part of my head is starting to miniaturize. So i will need something soon. I am going to go with thin skin, but dont know if I should try making a partial template or getting a stock piece and cutting my partial from it.

I seem to change my mind everyday. A topper isnt needed right now, but both the crown is thinning and hairline receding. So I would need a piece for the crown and one for hairline. Thats why I think it may be best to buy a topper and cut my pieces from it.

The whole process just seems very daunting right now. Some days I think its the answer, others I just can't see how it will possibly work for me. I work out a lot, and wear hats a lot. I don't know how well a piece will hold up for me in summertime while working out. Im not very artistic so I dont know how well ill do with the template making or how well ill make a hairline if I cut my own piece from stock. Im a student in school, live on my own, and work long hours for crap money so I dont have a lot to throw away on stock pieces or bonding agents that may not work. And the only few studios around me that do cut ins and specialize in pieces have quoted me in the thousands for a piece and all over $100 for cut ins that they may screw up. I also read that color match is very hard when buying stock so i may have to return a couple before it matches mine. Idk..Im kind of lost right now with this. Spending like $300 on a thin skin topper with a chance of ruining it with my cut in or trimming out my pieces is kind of freaking me out.

I understand your concerns, we all went through it.

I know what I would do in your situation. I'd send a colour sample to toplace get them to do you a piece you can cut out pieces to fill in the recession you have. I used to do that and it was easy, if you brush a little of your forlock to the side and mix the recession piece in it looks flawless and will take a couple of minutes to do.

This however doesn't solve the thinning on the crown, but growing your hair out, perhaps a little thickening spray or concealer could thicken that up.

It might sound like a lot of work but it really isnt and the results restore confidence.

If you dont do something then you'll keep feeling confused.