Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First toplace unit is here!!
05-14-2015, 05:34 PM,
First toplace unit is here!!
I received my first to place unit the other day and it looks great. Got a 7 light brown, and looks like a perfect match. Having it cut in in two weeks, can't wait to see how it looks. This is my third unit all together. My last two were bought through the salon I used to go to in CA. what I've noticed though with my second unit is that since I've moved right after getting my last cut in I have been doing my servicing 100%. I've always done my weekly routine, but once a month I would go back to them and have it done and cut. So since this unit has really just been me it has held up WAY better than my first.

Three months into my first unit I needed hair add and by the 6th month it was limping into the finish line. I'm on my 7th month now with my second unit and it looks great. It's started to get a bit dry. But by the time I'm styled it's perfect. I could probably squeeze a couple more months out of it... But won't. Anywho. I have a suspicion that they were "helping" the aging process of my first system. Who knows, maybe I just got a great second system.

How long are you guys getting with your top lace? I debond Fridays and usually go the weekend with out. Walker no shine on the side and back and ORWG on the HL. (Love OREG) I'm slightly worried about the rim of the cap wearing around the side as the last two units I have were poly on the sides and back whereas my to place is all lace.

I also think I'm going to hit the knots one more time with bleach before I have my cutin. The unit looks really great though. HL looks amazing. I'm tempted to cut the front myself, but I'm scared.

I'll report back with pic of my first toplace system. Ask always, thanks for the information bank here guys.
05-15-2015, 06:14 AM,
RE: First toplace unit is here!!
I`d leave the knots as they are .....hair is sometimes colored using fabric-dye, and bleach will have no effect on it apart from weakening the hair and leading to early / profuse shedding-out of the hair.
I too was a victim of these hair-clubs, including having hair added to an aging system --total waste of time /money .....the ` new` hair hadn`t oxidised [obviously] as it was new ..the existing hair was looking ` tired` from sun -exposure /washing etc. ...the difference was obvious.... the old hair continued to shed out, so as far as I`m concerned, it`s a bit of a con-job having hair added to an old system..just costs you money ...money which would be better spent on a new system.....for the [reasonble] cost of a lace system from Toplace, it`s better to just order regularly ..always have a ` spare` system to hand in case of some type of mishap with the one you`re wearing, or sudden shedding sets in..... I recently received two systems...had the second one cut-in today ...won`t begin wearing it for another week or two [need to leave it ` settle` ] but have just ordered two more from John ..... I`ll have them here /to hand ``just in case`` ! I get quite a few months from mine, but it can vary a lot from one person to another ---there are many ` local` factors at play so it`s not possible to give an exact figure on how long you might expect your system to last for.
Hope your new system looks great after your cut-in !