Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Travolta's Toupee.
07-15-2009, 06:39 PM,
John Travolta's Toupee.
This is a famous shot. I'm wondering if what John is sporting is considered a good toupee or not.

Is it lace? Or is the base something thicker, like what HCM uses. Are the knots blached or non-?

Zoom in for detail: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.charleneslace.com/store/images/stories/john-travolta-toupee.jpg">http://www.charleneslace.com/store/imag ... toupee.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Ultimately what I'm getting at is, are Toplace systems on par with this or better?

Thx!
07-15-2009, 09:34 PM,
Re: John Travolta's Toupee.
Looks like Swiss lace to me, the sides seem like they are not glued perfectly (the lace is shining through). The knots are bleached well.
I think the problem about this hair piece is, that there is excess lace in the front region and he should add some grey hairs to make it look more realistic (he probably wants to look younger than he is).

Toplace systems are definitely on par. Travolta's toupet is probably the same as a TL 100 or TL500.
07-16-2009, 04:29 PM,
Good call HaMa,

If you zoom in on the pic you can see the lace at the front and also you can see that the knots on the side are not bleached well, but overall its a pretty good piece the front hair looks very natural. I ordered a freestyle and am happy with it however the front hairs shoot straight out and down and its been hard to comb these up. So next time Im gonna order a spiky front Wink
Yes the toplace pieces are very good and compare as good as this, the secret though is in your cut in.
I did it myself and its ok but I now realize that it is better to invest in getting it done by a good stylist, they know how to make you look your best +) so I will do that next time also...
07-16-2009, 10:04 PM,
Phoenix - try styling your hair when wet. If you do this a few times and comb the hair right back, I can guarantee you won't have the same problems with hairs shooting in the wrong direction (they can be tamed). Also use a little gel.

The Travolta piece looks great, but Toplace can easily get this quality and many of my pieces are easily as good or better. If you get a hairline ventilated by Jill, you will probably even get better quality than this.

Why do all the stars - including Michale Jackson - leave such a gigantically long lace at the hairline?
07-17-2009, 06:06 AM,
What does ventilated mean?
07-17-2009, 06:04 PM,
Ventilation is the term they use to mean when they put the hair on the unit.
07-18-2009, 02:38 PM,
Thanks Mr. Burns,

I have actually been doing tht for the past week, but the hairs right at the front shoot right out...they still wont come right...hmmm...I'll give it more time but I think next time I should order a spiky front instead of all freestyle Wink Still very happy with the piece overall though Smile
07-18-2009, 05:35 PM,
That's not a real photo. It's a strange Photoshop work. You can see lace on top of hair when you zoom in, which just isn't the way things work in the real world.
07-18-2009, 05:58 PM,
I always looked at MJ''s hairline and wondered why the hell so much lace was visible.

I thought maybe he had an odd hairline, but that's what it was, huh?
07-19-2009, 04:58 PM,
It is a real photo. he is wearing a full cap over his existing hair(what he has left). I know this because I work in entertainment and have had fullcaps on my head and that is what it looks like.