Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An "old wearer" returns!
11-13-2014, 04:52 AM,
An "old wearer" returns!
I guess I'm one of the "old school" wearers at this stage, been around since the old TL forum days. Posted for many years, but at some point I stopped posting and just did a bit of lurking. Been a while since I've been very active on this forum, but great to come back and see how alive it is here with so many new ideas and lots of new wearers trying different things.

When I started wearing, I often wondered why some of the long-term wearers just disappear off the forums. Had they given up on wearing, or were they just too busy? I guess my honest answer is that after a few years (it's nearly 9 years for me now!) you stop having the hairwearer mentality, and you kind of forget you're a baldy in some weird way. Ok, so obviously you're still a baldy, but wearing hair becomes something I only ever think about when I absolutely *have to* Smile And those times are once every two weeks, when I remove it and do a re-attachment. Or when I start running out of glue, running out of hair (TL come in handy here!), and sometimes after one week when I'll need to retouch the hairline if I've done a lot of sweating.
Otherwise - if you nail your specs and your cut-in routine, you really just sit back, relax, and join the world of people who don't have any hair related emotional issues or hang-ups. So you kind of forget about it, but in the back of your mind you'll always be very grateful for the fact that you've had a "second shot" at life with a full head of hair, and your gratitude will often extend to the community of DIY HR and the people who make it accessible to us at a decent cost...

Just to say hello again, I've made a short video. And I'm giving a thumbs up to the cool community here who've made wearing very, very easy and trouble free...
http://youtu.be/IItx8T9VUnY

added some photos to this message from my time in Asia and on a mountain

Ok, lets go back nearly 9 years... here's how I started out Smile
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/FORUMS/messa...ord1=Dagon

And another old post:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/FORUMS/messa...ord1=Dagon

Attached Files Image(s)

11-13-2014, 07:12 AM,
RE: An "old wearer" returns!
you inspired me nearly five years into wearing a partial
I can 100% second every word ,you nailed wearing and the thoughts and feelings surrounding it in a nutshell...hell such ac second chance I shouldn't have had...

regards Anthony uk
11-13-2014, 11:57 AM,
Glad you had a good experience mate. Are you still wearing a partial or did you go with a full topper?
11-13-2014, 05:44 PM,
Beautifully said, 'second shot at life'.

I have only had piece so far and will get a cut-in on Monday on second piece. Still trying to figure everything out but must say...I have not been so content in a long time thanks to TL!

Also, your YouTube video looks great! Great hair!
11-13-2014, 09:54 PM,
full topper from the start, iv had skin (poly),sfsl lace hairlines,
I don't like the wall of hair you get from skin hairlines the uniformity of the hairs, so I went for a sfsl hairline and my one lady salon yet again ordered lace middle which I didn't want, a pain to clean.

that's the trade of or balancing act with lace tougher to clean but looks better more realistic than poly.
I wear my front semi exposed but pull some hairs down to hide the hairline
id never do a cut in my self, leave that to Sonia my one lady salon
pretty cheap @ £240.00 total for a system + cut in bond
11-14-2014, 12:25 AM,
You are ordering directly off a salon? WOuld be good to make your own partial using wrap and selotape, and just sent to Toplace for the ultimate piece!

I always wear by an SFS hairline. I use #64 for the rest.
11-14-2014, 06:36 AM,
I like the honest advice of my one lady salon
someone face to face
toplace systems are less dense than uk specs so I get more density for my money
11-15-2014, 02:41 AM,
Hi Antwanty,
Toplace does not charge by the density. So if you want heavy density it's the same price as a unit with light density. If your last Toplace order was light than just 'bump up' the density--the price is the same.
Regards,
John
11-16-2014, 01:24 AM,
Mr. Burns,

I have been wearing hair since 2009 and I attribute my taking the jump to start wearing hair from the pictures you posted and from reading many of your comments. Your pictures and comments, plus the "how to" video by Michigan Baldy gave me the confidence to pull it off. I have never regretted it and do very much appreciate my new 'lease on life' of now having a full head of hair.

Just want to say thanks for your courage and your willingness to share with the rest of us over the years! Good to see you back on the forum too!

John
11-16-2014, 04:13 AM,
Welcome back Mr. Burns!
Thanks for posting the photos and the video. And so good to hear from you! You are absolutely right in your assessment about hair wearing. You don't need to obsess with your hair and allow your 'hair to wear you.' You get into a routine of doing your hair and it's a 'non-issue.' I sometimes think that people that are so conscious of their hair actually draw attention to their hair. And people that are enjoying life and not worrying about their hair cause other people to not even notice their hair. So not hearing from you as a real sign of success. The goal is to enjoy life and not obsess with your hair--and you're certainly doing just that. God bless Mr. Burns--you're an example to all hair wearers!
Regards,
John
http:www//toplace.com/