An "old wearer" returns!
11-16-2014, 07:58 AM,
RE: An "old wearer" returns!
not a top lace piece
thanks for the info
anty
11-18-2014, 10:04 PM,
Thanks for the feedback on my video. In these times, we should post more hair videos that pics, as I believe videos really do your hair more justice (photos sometimes bring out some stuff you can't see in real life).

Actually, MichiganBaldy was the one who inspired me to go the DIY route. His video (in VHS back then!) was like gold dust and I think it actually changed my life Smile

I would some day like to do my own online video to help people wear, and to make it ultra-simple. WHat do you guys think, would it be a good idea?
11-19-2014, 03:12 AM,
Great idea Mr. Burns! That would be a big help and your experience and skills would be much appreciated.
John
11-19-2014, 09:09 AM,
ohh hell we need all the wise tricks moves you can offload share m8
do it !!! respect
11-19-2014, 10:37 PM,
Hey watch it........................I am Oldwearer!!
11-25-2014, 09:46 AM,
That video is great, and I am very envious of your ability to style your system. I have similar system but I just don't know how to get that style you have achieved. Here is a thread to my pics, any help is much appreciated. What product do you use and how do you get your hair styled like that? BTW, my temples are receeded too and so I comb the system hair forward to cover them like you. I find it hard to style my hair because of this. Tips?

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah24...0b1be9.jpg

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah24...3410ac.jpg
11-30-2014, 08:20 AM,
Hey man, you're already half way there.

It's all about the cut in, and secondly it's about using water to set your hair.

When you cut in, leave the sides long towards the front /temples. Then use a thinning shears to gently shorten and blend. Then try to comb back the hairline a bit for a realistic look.

To water style, you wet the hair so it's weighted down a bit with water, and then you force it into the exact style you want. The knots seem to magically "remember" this style over time, and you don't need any styling product really. But sometimes a little gel or wax is helpful in the beginning when hair is oooomphy.
12-02-2014, 11:00 AM,
Thanks for the response. When you say use water to set the system, how do I force the style? Every morning I mist my hair with distilled water until damp and then spray a leave in conditioner and then I use my detangler brush and comb the system to make sure it doesnt get tangled. After doing all of that, while the hair is still damp, should I set it? Thanks!
12-03-2014, 12:22 PM,
Yes, when the hair is still damp or dripping wet, you can set it Smile When it dries it will be exactly as you set it and will stay that way until you wash again.
12-06-2014, 05:19 AM,
Long time no see Mr Burns!
Met you a few years back at one of BAs ( disappeared from the face of the earth!)conventions in the Birmingham area! Remember them? Lol
Hair still looking good. Do you still use the temple points you cut from older pieces?
Another name from the past, Michigan Baldy!
Wonder what he is up to now? I heard he stopped wearing?
Anyway I for one would like to see more videos!