Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argan Oil - Love it so far!
09-09-2014, 07:41 AM,
Argan Oil - Love it so far!
Hey guys,

Hair was looking a little dull, so I went and bought some Argan Oil - just the oil, not the shampoo or conditioner.

It's WONDERFUL. I couldn't run a comb or my hands through my hair earlier today and now it's not only gorgeous looking, but soft to the touch, bouncy, and waves in the wind. It was a little pricey, $20 for 3.4oz, but was totally worth it.

I used VERY little (about a dime size), rubbed in my hands, and worked into my hair. Started at about half way up the hair shaft to the tip. Tried to keep it away from the lace for obvious reasons. Can't have my knots loosening.

Not sure if it'll be an every day application yet, but love love love it.
09-18-2014, 03:46 PM,
RE: Argan Oil - Love it so far!
Update:

Really awesome. Use once a week or less. Be careful when using right before a wash, could loosen into the knots of the hair. Looks, feels, and smells wonderful! I think my hair is about 5 months old at this point and seems like new.

Lemme know if y'all have any questions, there's only one other Argan Oil thread here.

I'll definitely be buying Shampoo and Conditioner soon.
09-19-2014, 08:32 AM,
Thanks for the update travbjork.

You may want to try another oil also -- I've heard Jojoba oil is very good for the hair, I think I remember it being mentioned as a BlueMax ingredient with the comment 'its the closest to human sebum we could find'.

My issue has always been application however, I always use too much. I feel that just by using a 'dime sized' amount in the palm of my hands rubbed together, and working it into the hair, doesn't seem to come off my hand. Perhaps I'm not trusting the process enough?
09-21-2014, 03:50 AM,
I've tried Argan oil and liked it. The reason I like it is because it's light weight. It doesn't weight down the hair and feel greasy like other oils. It's light enough that it can be applied
once a week or every few days.
John