Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified attachment technique - If you have poly try this!!!
09-09-2014, 07:08 AM,
Modified attachment technique - If you have poly try this!!!
Ok, so I've been experimenting with my gel attachment technique since I have poly back and sides. I've actually found an even stronger attachment technique that you guys might want to try. It's a super tight and rock solid for days and the clean up is extremely quick and easy.

I was originally using only the Got2b Ultra Glued and it was decent for me. But one day I decided to give another gel a try and stumbled onto something awesome.

I use 2 different gels together for a ridiculously strong hold. The gels I use are Got2b Ultra Glued and Gorilla Snot Punk. I noticed that the Gorilla snot seemed to bond really well to my skin but not really well to the poly. The Got2b on the other hand bonded great to the poly but not so well to my skin. So here's my technique.

I first apply a layer of Gorilla Snot Punk to my scalp. Then on top of that I apply a layer of Got2b Ultra Hold. I use a cotton ball dampened with warm water to wipe the poly, leaving it just a little wet. You definitely want to make sure you wet the poly first because it creates a much more secure attachment. I get twice the length attachment when I wet the poly than if I don't. Then I attach like normal. You get about 10-20 seconds to slide the poly around to get it lined up perfectly and then bam! It grips like fresh ORWQ! I get around 3-4 days attachment with this. Now my body chemistry just destroys glues. I was getting 1-2 days using only Got2b, so those of you with more compatible chemistry might get a much longer hold time than me.

I've also found that if you grow your own hair out a little bit under where the poly attaches the gels grip even better than they do just on bare skin.

I tried mixing the 2 gels together once and they actually have a chemical reaction that turns them into an almost rubber like substance. Very strong and very "grippy" but hard to apply. So mixing them on your head in layers like I did makes the application much easier. For anyone using poly I really recommend trying this! Both of these products can be found at Walmart and other drug stores so they're both readily available.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-09-2014, 12:01 PM,
RE: Modified attachment technique - If you have poly try this!!!
Another trick I saw people on another forum do is:

1)apply g2b (and in your case the 2nd glue also)
2)lightly spray some alchy on head
3)place unit
4)take bandana and tightly wrap it down for 15-30min.

apparently this produced a very firm bond. perhaps the alchy gets rid of all the water content and leaves a really secure bond? not sure on the details on why it works well.
09-09-2014, 03:52 PM,
Not sure why you would need to tie a bandana for that long. I get a rock solid attachment in less than a minute with this technique. With Got2b Ultra it would take a lot longer to get a solid bond but with the chemical reaction between these two gels it's only seconds and it's a tight bond. I mean super tight. Every bit as tight as ORWG but you still get a little play time to adjust unlike ORWG. It's the combination of these two gels that makes it such a strong bond. WAY stronger than either of these by themselves. Just try mixing a bit of the try together in a bowl and you'll see exactly what i mean. It's like super tough rubber cement and it becomes water resistant too. You have to let the poly soak in water for a few minutes before you can clean it off the poly. But it does come off easily with shampoo and water after you let it soak.
09-10-2014, 02:46 PM,
@AmericanJambo: I actually wear a hat for the first 30 minutes as well because it seriously bonds better. ;-)
09-11-2014, 02:45 PM,
Any suggestions if you are doing an all lace attachment and only looking for a 1 day, max 2 day hold? Thx.
09-12-2014, 02:39 AM,
Sorry, no tips on that brother. I use the gels for poly but i still use ORWG to attach the lace hairline.
05-30-2016, 04:12 PM,
AJ,
This is a pretty amazing finding. I tried it and you were right, the two turn into something like rubber cement when mixed.

I made a slight change to your technique. I apply the Snot to my scalp, apply G2B to poly/thinskin, then put the piece on.

Cleanup is bit more difficult than just one by itself but still not too bad since both come off with warm water and little bit of shampoo. The combo is still not sweat proof. I am going to try with Gorilla Snot Sport since that is supposed to be more waterproof.
06-09-2017, 12:18 PM,