Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for some honest reflection...
09-08-2014, 02:04 PM,
RE: Looking for some honest reflection...
Hi,
I think i will add my 2 cents worth.

Detectability is related to how much time , effort and money you are prepared to put in.I travel a road of doing enough effort to have a piece thats looks realistic,and you can get on with day to day living.I dont want to become paraniod trying to get perfection all the time.I think expecting perfection can be problematic and pretty stressful.

I went on a date once with a lady,who indicated over coffee sitting two feet away from me,she wouldn't go out with a guy who didnt have his own hair.I sat there chuckling to myself as i was wearing a piece.Now i think that speak volumes for how realistic a hairpiece can be.This lady i felt was rather shallow and i moved on quickly,but that another story.

Topcat
09-08-2014, 07:49 PM,
I dont walk around wearing a ton of makeup
Try telling a girl to go make up free?
I might not wear hair if I could compensate with makeup
Again it's not yet socially acceptable,
Don't judge guys saying ugh look @him
He's ugly ect....let's see you without you're makeup
Yeah I wear hair ,but I'm. Very handsome
I don't need makeup to look good
09-08-2014, 11:18 PM,
The woman that wakes up and looks in the mirror in the morning can be very different from the one that primps for hours before a date. I really do think that they appreciate that men try to look their best.
09-14-2014, 03:30 PM,
I absolutely agree with John on this - you will not be able to enjoy wearing to the fullest if you are concerned about even those closest to you knowing you wear. I think if you accept that some people will find out one way or another at some point, and keep your hair in a way that it is believable that it could grow out to be that way, most will not even know you are wearing.

Those that do, who cares? You look like a non-balding person. You look more acceptable to yourself. You don't stand out as someone who looks ridiculous (as the stereotypical wig wearer looks) and that will not change if you are discovered to be wearing. They have no idea what your bald head looks like and (potentially) never will. I believe that is what is important.