Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dove Conditioner / Hair System Age Question
07-30-2014, 02:53 PM,
Dove Conditioner / Hair System Age Question
Hey guys,

I shampoo my system maybe once a week and wet it probably 2-3 times a week in the shower and use PPI Leave in conditioner once or twice a day.

My system is feeling like normal human hair would be after not being washed for a few days - kinda oily, not easily managed.

Is this normal? I'd like it to be soft and more touchable. It looks fine, but is this just the natural process of hair systems? It looks shiny and great, and I'm only about a month and a half in.

I've got some Dove Extra Moisturizing Rinse Out Conditioner, so you think this will help if I leave it in for 2-4 minutes in the shower next time? Works wonders on my real hair for softness.

Thanks!
08-01-2014, 12:15 AM,
RE: Dove Conditioner / Hair System Age Question
I think you`re shampooing too often --this might `surprise` you ..... I`d also ease back with the ` Enhance`..... whilst it normally won`t ` build-up` on the hair like Gels and other products can,if you`re applying it heavily and frequently, like most products, you can begin to see a lifeless look to the hair..this then leads you to shampooing, which can have a drying effect and also can lift / lighten the colour..... and so the cycle begins !
Your system-hair is not ` dirty` or oily as growing-hair can get, and unless you work in a dusty atmosphere, your hair will be fine from day to day, so there is no need to shampoo it frequently. I don`t know the ingredients in the Dove conditioner but it`s probably ok....what you need to keep an eye open for in any products are Alcohols with the name ` Alcohol denat` [denatured alcohol] --not all ` Alcohols` are harmful to system-hair, but those ones are.
Obviously, over time, as any hair ages, it will naturally begin to deteriorate...your care-routine in the early days will pay dividends in terms of wearable -life of your system.
I generally mist the hair daily [ often a few times] ... when applying your ` Enhance` ----- spritz the hair with water so it`s pretty damp..then back-brush it so the hair is standing `up` from the lace....then just spray 2 or 3 darts from a distance [not too close] so as to get an ` even` light coverage ...style your hair and allow to dry naturally....you can often reinvigorate this the next day by simply spritzing with more water ..... so, just try to tweak your care routine a little as I have suggested and you should see a difference ...regards.
p.s. I understand you may want, for hygiene reasons to clean your lace base --that`s good...you can wet your base [off your head] smear on some shampoo and rinse it off again...yes, some will get onto the hair, but only minimally .
08-01-2014, 02:10 AM,
Has anyone tried any of the Remy Soft Products? I see you can buy them from http://www.remysofthair.com
08-01-2014, 03:41 AM,
Yeah Oldwearer .... I use only those ..the shampoo and conditioner..... it may appear a bit pricey, but in fairness, a little of them goes a long way....there`s no need to use half a bottle in one go !
I use less than a teaspoonful of the shampoo and about a desertspoonful of the conditioner ... I ensure to distribute it by brushing it through the hair with a plastic hairbrush which has rounded tips to the spines... I then leave it ` sit` for at least a half-hour before rinsing out....leaves the hair really nice and soft and is especially noticeable when a system is getting old / ` tired`.
08-01-2014, 07:50 PM,
I bought Nexxus Pro Mend after reading about it here, the shampoo, conditioner and leave-in conditioner. Is the remy soft products better?
08-02-2014, 05:46 PM,
I`ve never heard of / used the ones you mention so I can`t give you a comparison Oldwearer...if you`re happy with them, why not wait until they`re gone and then order the other ones and you`ll be able to decide which you prefer...no point in getting in new products and spending money until you need to! Regards.