Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying a new attachment method
07-25-2014, 07:58 AM,
RE: Trying a new attachment method
The gel didn't work that good for me, maybe i should try it again.. The spiking glue worked better.. but when i sweat, I find it totally loosens up. Imnot a big fan of got2b in the summer...

The most hassle free attachment for me for the summer I think would be using tape on a lace base.. Something like stick it tape .. You get a solid hold, only have to tape the perimeter, and its comfortable cause its lace.. for the front.. I want to put a skin front connected in a star pattern to minimize the lace/skin transition.. Here i would use ORWG.. ORWG comes off of skin really easily for me. This setup would give me a strong attachment that lasts, and an easy clean up. Stick it tape comes off clean with no residue, and the ORWG is easily wiped off the skin front.
07-26-2014, 03:06 AM,
For me, when I sweat the gel loosens up but it dries rock solid with no reduction of the holding power. I would love to be able to have a great 2 week attachment with easy clean up but at this point there is really nothing that is compatible with my body chemistry that allows that. I'm very happy with my gel attachment and I'll continue with it until I can find a better option. For me, the speed and easy of the gel attachment is great. I especially love being able to manipulate the piece for a minute or so when attaching. It makes it SO much easier to get it perfectly aligned every time. With glue or tape it's pretty much one shot. Get it right or start over. That alone makes the gel worth it for me.
09-04-2014, 04:12 PM,
Hey AJ.. How much of the gel do you use? Are there any tricks to application with this. I tried it on SFS and it did not hold at all. I too am looking for a more short term application from time to time than ORWG. Thanks.
09-09-2014, 06:43 AM,
Actually, I found a new technique that works even better for me. I'll post it in a new thread.