Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riding motorcycles
07-23-2009, 04:52 AM,
Riding motorcycles
I live in Fla and recently bought a motorcycle. We dont need helmets here so when I ride its only with a sweatband around my head. Trouble I have with this is my hair a mess when I get where I'm going . Can anyone give me some ideas on what I can do to avoid this?
07-23-2009, 04:55 AM,
Re: Riding motorcycles
How about wearing a bandana? Or perhaps the helmet? Go slower, possibly (although the last 2 ideas kind of depletes the point of riding a motorcycle).
07-23-2009, 04:59 AM,
I use a do-rag with a helmet.
07-23-2009, 11:38 AM,
Just ride with your hair, yeah it will mess it up but just fix it with your hands. Most people who ride motorcycles without helmets hair gets messy anyways so it'd be just like fitting in.

I drive with my windows down sometimes and my hair blows all over the place, I don't really care and no one asks any questions, looks at me diff or whatever, the perimeter never really gets completely exposed.
07-23-2009, 12:17 PM,
I have several salon clients that wear hair and they ride. Its not a problem. some wear a do-rag under helmut, some go "freestyle". Smile
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
07-24-2009, 06:23 AM,
I'm a Harley rider myself. I don't know how long your hair is. I always put my hair in a low pony tail and ride with a helmet. Everybody, whether it's real hair or not, gets "helmet hair" so I wouldn't worry about it. Wearing a do-rag should help keep your hair from getting messed up but in reality when you're riding 60 or 70 mph on a motorcycle I would not expect too much. Don't worry so much and enjoy your motorcycle.
07-24-2009, 06:50 AM,
At 60 - 70 mph I would attach my wallet chain to the back of my hair in case it flew off. There are enough dead squirrels on the road.
07-25-2009, 05:11 PM,
collegedan Wrote:Just ride with your hair, yeah it will mess it up but just fix it with your hands. Most people who ride motorcycles without helmets hair gets messy anyways so it'd be just like fitting in.

I drive with my windows down sometimes and my hair blows all over the place, I don't really care and no one asks any questions, looks at me diff or whatever, the perimeter never really gets completely exposed.

+1 I ride everyday and most of the time with a ball cap or without anything on my head. The hair looks natural. I just wet my fingers and comb it.