Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two-months of age Fullcap [photos]
07-20-2014, 03:02 AM,
RE: Two-months of age Fullcap [photos]
Paul what attachment method do you use? Do you do glue, glue / tape, or all tape. If so what tape or glue. Is this all Lace or does it have some poly. I am a full cap wearer as well. I have been thinking of going a poly perimeter for durability and be able to remove nightly if I like. I wasn't sure about doing poly with tape in the front though. Any thoughts appreciated.
07-20-2014, 07:51 PM,
Hello macmike..been a while ! Hope you`re keeping well.
It`s all French lace Mike... I remove it nightly too ...just prefer sleeping with it off and I think it helps prolong the lifespan of the system too [just for any Newbies reading this : Cotton pillow -slips can dry out the hair and also snag it which can snap off as you move in your sleep...best to use satin or silk ones]
I`m just using short strips of tape ...Walker no-shine on the ear flaps and Ultrahold [tape] around the rest of it...finding that Ultrahold very good..quite strong.
I made my Template slightly bigger above and in front of the ears.....I like to trim the lace to size there, so the bottom edge of the flaps /hair lines up with that bit of sideburn hair I have [ that`s just a ` personal` thing with me ].....if you`re happy with your ` fit` as it is, you could try poly perimeter as an experiment....the only caution is that as you know, the hair is injected into poly and you may not get the hair to sit in ` flat-to-base` to a proper degree on the flaps.....it might tend to stick out in that very ` visible` area right in front of the ears ...... I think you`d be ok with Poly from just behind the ears running around the nape and possibly the front hairline ...problem with the hairline area might be visibility ? In my topper days, I had poly sides/ back but lace front ..... it worked fine for me.
I `ve never had any poly on any Fullcaps I`ve worn ...always all-lace .... I`ve just been wary of the possible ventilation-differences which are possible between the two materials ...if I get a ventilation issue on an area, I can ` adjust` the hair direction a bit by applying a ` relaxer` product to the knots [but I prefer to avoid that if I can for fear of weakening the hair]......I don`t tape the whole perimeter....I leave gaps...I just use short strips and it works fine for me....no point in using up a whole load of tape when you`re going to be taking it off again that night! Cheers for now Mike.
07-23-2014, 02:50 AM,
Do you use tape in the front hairline as well. I did learn on the lace that Blue liner leaves a lot of black.

Mike
07-23-2014, 04:13 AM,
Yeah --all tape .. I haven`t time to be using glue in the mornings before I go to work.... leaving 15 or 20 minutes between coats of glue is just not a practical option for me ..... I`ve never used Blue liner so I can`t comment on whether or not it leaves marks..... kind regards.
07-26-2014, 11:12 AM,
What contour in front? How close to front edge? I may bite the bullet and try an all tape attachment. Just need more about attach and removal of tape.

Would Supertape have to much hold for daily removal?
07-27-2014, 07:32 AM,
I don`t have a particular front contour-shape.... I simply made this to the shape of where my natural hairline used to be ... I just use shorter strips, cut from a roll, to ` follow` around the curve ... Supertape might be a bit strong if you`re doing a nightly or bi-nightly removal... I`m using Ultrahold [1/2-inch wide] tapes......am finding it good [no irritation ] and very little ` shine`--- my ear-flaps have now thinned as the sytem is in wear 3 months now ...I was seeing more shine when I had ` Walker no-shine` under them !!! ---the Ultrahold gives a really nice hold but is really not a bother to remove with Lace-release.