Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two-months of age Fullcap [photos]
07-04-2014, 03:51 AM,
Two-months of age Fullcap [photos]
Hi everyone.... decided to post a few photos of this system which was styled-in, in early May, before I went on Holidays to a [strong] sunny country ..... it has now oxidised to a degree, but it`s still pretty good [colour-wise] ..... I`ll post more tomorrow as I don`t want to do a thread with too many photos because it takes too long to load when you open it ..... the camera makes the crown area look thinner than it actually is. I`ve recently started using this http://dirtylooks.com/blog/remysoft-blue...-refresher and finding it good ...the silicones in it add lustre and shine .... I still like to use my ` PPI Enhance`` leave-in conditioner [ You can Google it ] as it`s got sunscreen in it ...very cheap and very effective.
Regards to everyone on the forum.

Attached Files Image(s)

07-10-2014, 10:36 AM,
RE: Two-months of age Fullcap [photos]
Lookin' good, I loved the PPI suggestion. I went and bought some and it made my system look and feel basically new... maybe even more natural than normal.

Do you really think I should run with the Silicone Coating Spray if I'm going for 6+ months of wear?
07-10-2014, 05:15 PM,
I very much doubt you`ll get 6 months from a system..it`s possible, but not the norm [you`d be doing well to get around 3 months].... the hair will usually have begun to shed out /break off long before that..... I got some lifting of the lace from my tape last week for the first time in a long time... I put it down to [ possibly] some of the silicones in the spray ..... I gave the system a shampoo / conditioning and haven`t had that ` lifting` since ... I am using the `Enhance` full-time now again ..... a little of it goes a long way ..just 2 or 3 darts of it into damp hair, style it lightly and allow the dry naturally ...gives a light ` hold` which brushes out easily...... been using it for a long time and can really recommend it ..... the silicone -containing one is good ...I possibly applied it a bit too heavily.... will use it again, but more lightly.
07-10-2014, 09:01 PM,
Paul,

I know you have given them before but please give me the specs of your unit again. What is the colour and what amount of gray are you using and what % where? Is the gray human or synthetic?

Your systems looks fantastic btw!
07-11-2014, 05:21 AM,
Paul,

Would there be any way I can contact you over email? I live in Ireland and my hair loss is getting to the point where I'm going to have to think about taking the plunge soon and getting a system (I'm 30).

I love the results you've gotten with the full cap and I'd like some further advice from you regarding this if you have the time?

Thanks,
David
07-11-2014, 05:28 AM,
Here's a tip for applying silicone or anything like that. Don't spray it into your hair. Spray it into your hands, then run your hands through your hair and then comb through. That was you aren't getting any on the base.

But this full cap looks fantastic!!!!
07-11-2014, 08:36 AM,
That's a great looking fullcap!

I'll second Oldwearer's request for the gray percentage if you remember it. That looks close to what I need now. Thanks!
07-11-2014, 10:16 AM,
Hi Guys,
Oldwearer ...it`s an order I`ve just been re-activating for a while ..well, John just e -mails the factory to replicate it ..the same template is used .... I can`t give you specific density percentages [ sorry] as I haven`t a record of them, but if you feel that what you`re seeing on me, would be suitable for yourself, John can easily just tell them to do the same for you on your own template....assuming you are a Fullcap -wearer or considering going that route..... but the colour is ``1b`` [ which is off-black / a little brown] which tends to oxidise to a more obvious brown over time ....this particular one held up pretty good .. I had been on the verge of colouring it to darken it down, but you know what, it actually looks fine the way it is! The gray is synthetic and there`s 10% throughout the system..... I had started off with 5 % previously but decided to increase it ..... I think it`s about right now and is age-appropriate. Thanks for the kind comments and glad you liked seeing it ... I post these as I think it`s good to let others see what is possible now and how the systems [usually] hold up with the passage of time and daily wear etc. The really important thing, in my opinion and experience is to get an age-appropriate density [with any type of system] ...scalp show-through is SO realistic -looking ..add in the bit of Gray and you can really get away with murder !! The base is French Lace.
To Vinton Harper: I was in touch with John regarding your difficulties with the e-mails..... he has sorted that now so hope all is ok with you now ! Glad you liked the photos too ... the Gray is 10 % throughout, as I just mentioned above ... I was a little ` nervous` of going up to that amount but it`s really helped to ` sell` the illusion of me having all my own hair ... I deal with the public a lot for work, and with the warm weather now, I`ve been leaving off my cap [ if my boss knew that !! lol ] but people have commented on my hair very positively.
Thanks American Jambo ---that`s a good tip.. I think by spraying it on, especially directly over the bonded area, it`s probably going on a little too heavily and then running down the hairs onto the knots,which are [obviously ]in contact with the tape ...distributing it through the hair with the fingers will probably just coat the hairs further out from the base and the would be no ` run-off` ....will give that a try...thank you!
Dave83 has now made contact so I`ve removed my e-mail address in case I get a load of spam....... thanks for your interest guys and kindest regards to all of you!! Paul.
07-11-2014, 01:34 PM,
That's 10%??! Hmmm, I may have to rethink and research more pertaining to how much gray I need. I think I tried 10% on my first order many years ago and it wasn't enough, so we went to 15% or so, and that was too much, back then. I probably need "too much" now. ;-) I guess maybe the two pics in the middle there in the sunlight must have thrown me off, because that looks like a good amount of gray.

I didn't know you were helping get my email problem sorted, thank you, Paul. That is very kind of you. And yes, John has replied and we are getting things worked out. Thanks again!
07-12-2014, 04:31 AM,
Hi Vinton.... I`d been in contact with John regarding a pending delivery [which has now arrived] so I brought it to his notice that you were waiting to hear from him..... I guess he gets inundated with mail at times ..things can get overlooked or take time to get to deal-with.
I think because these systems are hand-made, you can get variations in specifications from one order to the next ... it`s something we all have to live with.... I guess the ` human touch` helps with realism ..if these things were all run off by machine, they`d be just cloned and probably not look so good sometimes.... this whole game, from bonding materials / clean-up`/cut-in`s and everything in between, is one big tightrope walk ! 10% gray on one order can probably be ` different` on the next allowing for the `eye` of a particular ventilator.... I have 2 new systems here now and there is a definite difference in it !