Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you clean off adhesive?
06-10-2014, 10:41 PM,
How do you clean off adhesive?
I find it very messy and time consuming to clean off residue from my hair system.

What is your favourite technique and products for cleaning off adhesive from your hair systems?
06-10-2014, 11:00 PM,
RE: How do you clean off adhesive?
I soak my system in solvents for 20 minutes and then use a credit card to scrape off the glue.
After that I rinse, wash, comb and allow them to dry naturally.

The solvents I use are not traditional hair replacement specific products.
I use Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover or SX Siroflex Solvent Cleaner.

Both melt the glue thoroughly and leave the system squeaky clean with no residue.
I use them on lace or skin systems.
06-11-2014, 05:33 AM,
I prep my head first, usuall routine.....blahhh

system, just spray Isopropyl Alcohol 99%, that's all I use
usually wear for up to 3 weeks max,
scrape of adhesive with my finger nail,and barley visible adhesive I use my dry finger tipps, it peels of a treat.
and then just checking hairline for adhesive, and cleaning of rougue adhesive on hairs.

pretty simple process, but a bloody pain....price we pay for the feeling we get of wearing
and yupp its a price worth paying or we sure the hell woudnt do it.
06-14-2014, 08:09 AM,
I'm a newb and did my first removal ever today.

I was using blue tape around the perimeter, and I had only been wearing for two days. Took it off, used some liberal lace release around the edge and it peeled off in a long strip like a champ!

Makes me worry about wearing it until the glue starts breaking down and makes it a pain. I'd rather remove and reattach super fast than spend 30-45 minutes cleaning my system.

Also... I noticed on Hair Direct that they want you to use dish soap to clean. What do y'all think of this?
06-19-2014, 09:56 AM,
Don't use too much dish soap, Ive mad that mistake in the past and it really made the hair feel brittle. Moderation all the time.