Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair add service
06-02-2014, 02:02 PM,
Hair add service
I have a piece from last year that's brand new. I just noticed that density is a bit low. Does anyone know a good place to send hairpieces to get hair added quickly?

I think sending it back to Toplace, then back to China, will take too long so I was hoping to find someone in the States.

Thanks,
06-02-2014, 02:42 PM,
RE: Hair add service
Debbie does it, but it's a long and labour intensive job, so it's often more expensive in what you have to pay a Westerner to do it, than it is to buy a new system from China.
06-02-2014, 04:18 PM,
No, she no longer offers that service. I actually used her service a few years ago and her price was reasonable but her mother is no longer doing it.
06-03-2014, 07:34 AM,
Hi Jaycee,
Toplace can do the hair add but you're right--it has to go back to the factory. Debbie's Mom used to do it but only on lighter jobs. The bigger jobs, say adding over 10%, still go back to the factory. But she no longer does it. It's tedious work and finding someone to do it in this country is like finding the proverbial 'needle in a hair stack.' I'm sorry but the only option is to send it back to the factory.
Regards,
John
06-04-2014, 02:53 PM,
Emily from active hair does provide hair add on service for $40/hr... I got it done from her twice, and she did an excellent job
06-04-2014, 08:25 PM,
Is that the place in Toronto?
06-06-2014, 07:45 AM,
yes... Sorry, I did not read your thread correctly
02-12-2017, 04:57 PM,
I learned how to ventilate hair systems myself. You can get all the tools (or even a complete kit) from His and Hers hair, online. They also have bundles of hair for sale. I know it is time consuming, but in an emergency, you will be glad you learned how to do it.
02-13-2017, 08:20 AM,
just cannibalise old systems, and add hair, long as its vented in the right direction, colour match, it can add months to a system
super glue the piece over the lost area,just be carefull with edges blending ,works better with thinner poly, better edge blending to donor area.