Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fullcap --additional Photos
05-05-2014, 09:09 PM,
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos
Hi topcat.... thanks mate ...it`s a nice system overall...the grey looks very apparent now, but my last one was the same yet once I coloured it a few times [am still wearing it to work and it was styled last October !! ] strangely enough, the grey is not now obvious at all...grey is synthetic so that if /when you colour the hair, the grey remains unchanged..... I didn`t have as high a percentage as in this present one though.
The stylist is very fast .. I sat in the chair at 3pm and she was finished 20 minutes later !!
I like the amount of scalp show-through ..... one of the biggest errors any wearer can make with any system [Fullcap or Topper] is getting it too dense..it`s a dead give-away.
Also, a little tip for anyone considering wearing Fullcap......the general wisdom with the template is to have the rear perimeter ` ending` just below the occipital bone [the round bone you`ll feel at the base of your skull ]...however.... the way I do it is I mark my neck with eyebrow pencil [just a few short ` lines` ]at the point I want the tips of the hair to lie....I then come` up` no more than around 12mm`s [half inch] from those lines and I mark in a similar fashion.... that will be the ` `line` where the perimeter will sit....thus I have no more than about half an inch of hair ` hanging` from the edge ...this relatively ` short` hair-length there, helps to keep the hair in ` tight` to the nape and around the sides towards the ears.... I found that in my case anyway, the occipital bone was a little ` high` and using that as a ` reference point` lead to the perimeter being too ` high` at the back...
I also make my template a little bigger than I need around the ear-flaps area...I then trim the lace there so that the flaps line up better with the [growing] sideburn hair, and the same above the ear ...I usually trim off a few grids of lace so that the lace isn`t rubbing on the ear.... my reason is that templates can and do shrink over time and if you haven`t made a new one in a while, the one in the factory may not be as accurate anymore and you get a system which is slightly too small which you then end up having to stretch to make it fit...
I`d encourage anyone who has really thin side/back hair to have no fear of Fullcaps...they can be a bit more ` fiddly` to attach / tape up, because of the shape around the ears, but like anything, you get used to it .... the oval shape of toppers make them a snip to ` prep` with tapes..... the main advantage of Fullcaps are the colour is uniform all over and they oxidise at the same rate all over....there are no density-matching issues as can be the case with toppers onto growing side/ back hair..the factory seems to be getting a lot better at getting the ventilation [hair -direction] correct at the flaps area --it`s vital to get it as ` flat` to the base as possible there, otherwise it`ll just be sticking out and as soon as it`s cut, it`ll look like a field of stubble!
Kind regards !

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos - topcat59 - 05-05-2014, 08:03 PM
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos - Paul In Ireland - 05-05-2014, 09:09 PM
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos - jb604 - 05-06-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos - mikegozo - 05-07-2014, 01:23 AM
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos - mikegozo - 05-07-2014, 01:57 PM
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos - jb604 - 05-07-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos - LTB - 05-10-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos - LTB - 05-11-2014, 08:47 PM
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos - jb604 - 05-12-2014, 09:50 AM
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos - jb604 - 05-12-2014, 05:52 PM