Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fullcap --additional Photos
05-05-2014, 05:02 PM,
Fullcap --additional Photos
Hi Guys, Again, with newbies in mind or those considering the Fullcap route, first two photos show system base and how the sections of lace are joined to provide curvature ...the second shows the outline of the perimeter after the excess/spare lace has been trimmed off.
The others show system, literally less than an hour after being to the stylist...it`s full of ` life` and needs time to settle and a few little minor adjustments here and there with thinning scissors... I usually put in a bit more of a ` choppy` look at the tips of the hair at the nape area.... a few snips here and there. My camera isn`t the greatest, but hopefully you can see what you want to see.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-05-2014, 08:03 PM,
RE: Fullcap --additional Photos
Hi Paul,
You have really nailed the full cap.Very natural looking,can't believe its a full cap,the added grey and layered/choppy look is amazing.

Regards Topcat.
05-05-2014, 09:09 PM,
Hi topcat.... thanks mate ...it`s a nice system overall...the grey looks very apparent now, but my last one was the same yet once I coloured it a few times [am still wearing it to work and it was styled last October !! ] strangely enough, the grey is not now obvious at all...grey is synthetic so that if /when you colour the hair, the grey remains unchanged..... I didn`t have as high a percentage as in this present one though.
The stylist is very fast .. I sat in the chair at 3pm and she was finished 20 minutes later !!
I like the amount of scalp show-through ..... one of the biggest errors any wearer can make with any system [Fullcap or Topper] is getting it too dense..it`s a dead give-away.
Also, a little tip for anyone considering wearing Fullcap......the general wisdom with the template is to have the rear perimeter ` ending` just below the occipital bone [the round bone you`ll feel at the base of your skull ]...however.... the way I do it is I mark my neck with eyebrow pencil [just a few short ` lines` ]at the point I want the tips of the hair to lie....I then come` up` no more than around 12mm`s [half inch] from those lines and I mark in a similar fashion.... that will be the ` `line` where the perimeter will sit....thus I have no more than about half an inch of hair ` hanging` from the edge ...this relatively ` short` hair-length there, helps to keep the hair in ` tight` to the nape and around the sides towards the ears.... I found that in my case anyway, the occipital bone was a little ` high` and using that as a ` reference point` lead to the perimeter being too ` high` at the back...
I also make my template a little bigger than I need around the ear-flaps area...I then trim the lace there so that the flaps line up better with the [growing] sideburn hair, and the same above the ear ...I usually trim off a few grids of lace so that the lace isn`t rubbing on the ear.... my reason is that templates can and do shrink over time and if you haven`t made a new one in a while, the one in the factory may not be as accurate anymore and you get a system which is slightly too small which you then end up having to stretch to make it fit...
I`d encourage anyone who has really thin side/back hair to have no fear of Fullcaps...they can be a bit more ` fiddly` to attach / tape up, because of the shape around the ears, but like anything, you get used to it .... the oval shape of toppers make them a snip to ` prep` with tapes..... the main advantage of Fullcaps are the colour is uniform all over and they oxidise at the same rate all over....there are no density-matching issues as can be the case with toppers onto growing side/ back hair..the factory seems to be getting a lot better at getting the ventilation [hair -direction] correct at the flaps area --it`s vital to get it as ` flat` to the base as possible there, otherwise it`ll just be sticking out and as soon as it`s cut, it`ll look like a field of stubble!
Kind regards !
05-06-2014, 09:47 AM,
Wow that looks really good paul. I know one day when i can't pull off a topper anymore there's another soloution waiting. (-:
05-06-2014, 08:02 PM,
Very nice, Paul. Although this is my first post -- as a prospective full cap wearer -- I have already gleaned much wisdom from your contributions, sir.

Quick question: would it be feasible, with a full cap, to achieve something similar to the hair style show in the attached pics? I understand a lot of factors influence the ultimate success of a system, but is this look achievable - or would the fully exposed hairline and temple areas pose significant problems re: maintenance and undetectability?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-07-2014, 01:23 AM,
Paul,

I was really impressed with your temple area ventilation picture before you had unit cut in, can you possibly take some straight on photos of your hairline and temple areas with hair brushed back ? I would like to be reassured that those areas will look natural if using glue attachment.

The only reason I am asking is it seems all the pictures we get of full cap wearers is with hair brushed forward or down and not exposing those areas.
05-07-2014, 09:01 AM,
Hi jb604, welcome to the forum and glad you`re finding some useful tips ... essentially, you can have practically any style you desire, be it in Fullcap or Topper..... exposed hairlines /swept-back styles can be problematic because atmospheric dust can build up on the underlying glue / tape and lead to a visible line of dirt at the very edge of the lace....it`s one of the trade-off`s of wearing that style ... it may not actually happen, but the potential is there... the style I wear is similar to how my own hair grew...and at my age, I think those exposed styles wouldn`t suit me anyway ... it would be important to have well-bleached knots all over that area too..usually it`s mainly the front hairline and crown area which are bleached ...if you were to wear that style in a Fullcap, it would be necessary to ensure the temples and sideburn area were also bleached , for an ` invisible` look. The general consensus when considering wearing for the first time, is to go with an ` easier` style to work with and one which is not dissimilar to what your growing hair looked like...you`ll be dealing with trial-and-error relating to bonding materials and finding what works best for you, and clean-up`s / re-attachments ....the style I wear is very forgiving and easy to work with..... you can begin to experiment with different styles in time to come and as you master the other aspects of wearing.

mikegozo ... my digital camera is not the best for close-up shots .... I use one at work and it`s great [better-quality I think] I took a few this evening when I got home ... I tried different settings on the Cam to get a clearer / sharper image.... I`ll put them into a folder on the Laptop and see how they look .. if they are acceptable, I`ll pop them on here ...if not, I might just take the memory-card to work with me and pop it into the ` good` camera and take a few ...leave it with me for now and I`ll get back to you here .
05-07-2014, 09:02 AM,
superb post as usual,
paul id give up youre job m8 and go into the hair wearing supply game.
im wearing my 6 week old med skin system, iv got to stop hacking the front when I style it as I want it to last up to 8 month.
btw my hairdresser rekons toplace is cheaper because there systems are 30% less dense than uk suppiers?
and usually suppliers coat there hair in acrylic ect to hide poor quality hair.
I take it top lace is cuiticle on?
regards
anthony
05-07-2014, 10:21 AM,
mikegozo.....these are about as good as I can get...I can`t get them crystal-clear,even though I have the cam. set to ` auto`...I`ve back-brushed the hair so it`s standing up/out from the base... I use Walker No-shine tape to attach with...most ` white` glues dry to an invisible state anyway...... let me know if these were of any use to you .....

Hi Anthony... Thanks for your kind comments mate-- The TL hair is only lightly -processed .....heavily-processed hair is really awful to deal with ...coarse, it tangles and any horse would be proud of it !!! Remi hair has the cuticle intact..... [apparently ! ]
The density of a system would have no appreciable difference on the price....we all have our ` preferences` when it comes to density, yet we don`t pay different prices--the price is merely dictated by whether it`s a topper of Fullcap, and not by the density you choose....the logic of what she`s saying is that a person has their density ` dictated` to them by the supplying-salon in the UK , hence it`s more expensive because they`ll insist on you having a higher density than you might actually want !

Photos ..... note in the 2nd one, alongside the wall -mirror on the left, is a circular telescopic wall -mounted mirror ...I find that invaluable for allowing me see the back of the system when standing in front of the large mirror.. I can angle it just right SO easily and can see any area with ease!

Attached Files Image(s)

05-07-2014, 01:57 PM,
Paul first off thank you for taking the pictures, and yes they are of great use, not only to me but to others who are on the fence, and with you using a tape attachment and still getting that kind of quality attachment impresses me and I am sure others.

Like you and other full cap wearers have always said, getting the proper ventalation on sides and proper density depending on the age of the person getting a full cap done, are the most important things to nail.