Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New video coming soon from Reubin
05-03-2014, 03:50 AM,
RE: New video coming soon from Reubin
jorn, thanks, I think I will be out of the video business for a while this one took a real long time for me. The coloring I do is nothing fancy, I just put a thin layer of Body Shop Clay (Ionic) on a styrofoam head, t-pin the uncut lace (meaning it is new and has not been trimmed) to the styrofoam head so that the front knots are "submerged" - some have posted they use vaseline but I hate any oil on lace - and I just comb in the color.

I streak it in the back of the piece so that it is not all one color. Plus after a little time since the fronts came in blond they tend to lighten faster than the rest of the piece - a good thing.

If I have a 1/16" blond roots all the more better.

Thanks LTB - any tape can be used but the 3 mil up front I find is vital. If another company makes that tape (other than Walker) I do not know about it.

The 3MIL tape is essentially glue that you can contour with a pair of scissors - it's glue on a paper strip.

The back side and support tape should not be shiny - unless your density is 70% or more, than you don't have to worry.

Bluliner tape is awesome in water but gets really gummy on me after a short time. Plus I don't swim in really rough water so the regular attachment for me is "ocean ready"

Tape is shinier than glue so be careful with those thin densities on the back and sides (front 3mil not a problem).

Pay attention to the sides and back to ensure the tape can't be seen through the piece. I have had this happen on light densities or where I have the sides and back really, really short.

Lastly it's blond fronts, staggered hairline (this might be automatic) comb back ventilation. The rest of the piece is color 1B (dark brown)

Messages In This Thread
RE: New video coming soon from Reubin - reubin - 05-03-2014, 03:50 AM