Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does the hair shine?
06-02-2014, 06:55 PM,
Why does the hair shine?
Ok, so I took my old Toplace piece and put it on finally, and my wife did the cut in to blend it in the back. And it looked really, really good. I couldn't see any blend problems.

I wanted to take some pics to show the blend in the back, but in the pictures we took tonight(with flash), you can definitely see the hairpiece hair because it is shiny and it contrasts against my own hair.

Now, since this was an old piece and didn't have too much grey in it, or as much as I would need now, I did have to dye my hair, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not in the lack of shine of the real hair. I always thought that hairpiece hair was usually the duller looking when matched against your real growing hair. Especially since this hairpiece is about 5 years old.

I know camera flashes can bring out the worst in what a piece looks like and may not even look like in regular conditions, but now it makes me wonder if this will be noticeable in sunlight or under florescent lights in stores. I can probably check it myself in sunlight, but I don't know how I would check the back of my hair in a store without looking strange.

Does anyone have any experience with checking your hair under florescent lights, and more importantly, did it show a contrast between your piece hair and your real hair?

Thanks!