Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed: Front partial
04-12-2014, 09:59 AM,
Advice needed: Front partial
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here, but I have been reading on this forum for some weeks now. I have to say, this is a fabulous website and great community. Thanks to everyone who makes this such a wonderful place! Wink

At the age of 19 I noticed that my hairline started to recede. Luckily a few months ago I stumbled upon this website and saw how great hair replacements can look. To cut the story short, now aged 21 I want to start wearing as soon as possible to make a smooth transition without everyone noticing.

I have attached a few pictures that show my current hair status. My plan is to go for a front partial as my hair on the back (even though becoming less dense) seems still good enough to me. Now, I would like to find out if buying a stock unit and cutting it into several partials (like other users) would work for me.

Do you guys think that either color #18 or #20 fits my hair color or are these too far off? The problem might be that my hair color tends to be a lot darker at the sides than on top, so that some people even ask me if I dye my hair (having dark eye brows might add to this impression). Or do you think that this difference in hair colors could even help me hiding a possible color difference between the partial and my own hair?

Would the medium density of stock units (65%) be about right?
I would like to go for French Lace as the base material because I would like to have the option of showing part of my hairline.

In a few days I plan to start working on my template. Is there anything that I should keep in mind when making it? Should I use the same technique as for toppers (e.g. plastic foil and then tapes, etc.)? What would be a good shape based on the photos that I attached? I’m especially unsure how to design the temple area. In one of the pictures I tried to show my wrinkled forehead to give you guys an impression where my former hairline was.

Thank you for helping me with these questions. Your help is very much appreciated! Smile

Best,
Sine

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Advice needed: Front partial - SineMetu - 04-12-2014, 09:59 AM
RE: Advice needed: Front partial - Partial - 04-12-2014, 11:07 AM
RE: Advice needed: Front partial - Hersute - 04-12-2014, 06:34 PM