Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In 1hr I am getting my hairpiece attached.
04-25-2014, 02:44 AM,
RE: In 1hr I am getting my hairpiece attached.
Hey Guys,

I think the problem was mine. I was still adjusting to styling my hair etc and still getting better at it.

I think I have been wearing for about 2months now and I could not be happier. I have never looked so good and I have been getting a lot of action too.... :-P
Nobody can tell just yet except from some looks I have been getting at the gym....not sure why....
My Personal Trainer kept looking at my hair every now and then today and last time.
Has anyone had this issue before?....at the gym?

Also, if you want me to post more photos of what my hair looks like. I am more than happy to do so.

One issue that I am facing from this attachment tho is that I started getting some scalp irritation and itchiness. I got a couple of pimples and it gets really itchy when I sweat at the gym.

Has anyone faced that?
If yes, what did you do.

Again, please let me know if you have any questions I can answer if I can help some newbies like myself

thanks in Advance,

Chris
04-25-2014, 06:51 AM,
Please do post pictures if possible!

For skin irritations maybe keep it off one night a week so that your scalp can breathe?
04-26-2014, 03:45 PM,
Hey Chris,
I had as similar experience at the gym too and I think it was because when I sweat heavily the sides and back of my hair would be become wet with sweat and the piece would remain relatively dry. It then creates a significant difference in density between the sides and back and the piece. I have seen it happen to another guy during a heavy cardio workout, before he starts there no hint he is wearing, however after 45 mins his hair is drenched and the piece is dry making look like the piece is sitting on top of his head with shaved sides.

I wear a cap to the gym to avoid this situation. I have also heard that you can splash water on your piece during your workout to minimise the difference.

Are you wearing lace or skin, as I think the problem is worse with skin?

Cheers Craig.
05-01-2014, 02:15 PM,
Hey Craig,

I am wearing a lace. Ye I think thats what the problem is. I think I will have to style it while I am at the gym too and give it a wet look. I hate feeling like people r looking at me because of that. its very awkward!
05-01-2014, 03:54 PM,
I think everyone who does cardio exercise has this problem. One of the guys I work with goes jogging at lunchtime and has the same problem. By 10 minutes in his bio hair is in rats tails and the piece is sitting dry on top. Total giveaway. I have considered saying something to him, but I don't want to embarrass him.

At the gym I do a 10 minute warm-up, and them I go over to the water cooler and just pour a cup full of water over my piece hair and comb it through with my fingers. It looks perfectly natural and no one is any the wiser.
05-02-2014, 10:38 PM,
Hey Rich,

I think that it would be a good idea to give your work colleague a bit of advice on what to do to make his piece look more real. I know if it was me, I would certainly appreciate the advice, especially coming from another wearer. Most guys wear hair to improve their appearance and suggestions to keep it undetected would be welcomed - especially if those suggestions come from someone who also wears a piece and has experienced similar issues.

I guess thats why I'm on this forum!

Cheers Craig.
05-03-2014, 03:49 AM,
Fair comment Craig. It's partly also that I am being a wuss. Helping him means outing myself to him, and I shy away from that. You're right though: I should man up and have a quiet word with him.
05-03-2014, 12:15 PM,
Hey Rich,
I totally understand not wanting to let him in on your situation, however if you can find the courage to discuss this issue with him, it will give you a new friend who may be able to help with any issues you have with your piece.

If he is anything like me, I think he would gratefully accept the advice.

There is a lot of secrecy in the world of hairpieces and having someone to discuss these issues with on a one to one basis should be beneficial to both of you.

Good Luck. Craig.
05-09-2014, 05:28 PM,
I am wearing lace.

I found a way of covering it. I get a product that makes my hair look wet. Its from
Schwarzkopf : OSIS + Gelastic Texture. I also make sure that my hair at the front sit up and dont touch my forehead as if I sweat it will give it away. So I wet my hair, style it with the product I mentioned before and make sure that its spiked up. However, I have still not perfected it.