Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update (with pics)
12-21-2013, 11:39 PM,
Update (with pics)
So its been about 2 weeks now im still sowly getting used it and im still playing with the styling and diffrent products not got it right yet but its ok for the moment.

Family and friends and work colleagues have all seen me now and a few comments have you had a hair cut and have you tried to dye your grey hair out which i don't mind addmitting i colour my hair so thats a big phew!!!

have just done my first clean and reattachment took me about an hour decided to leave the piece off over nite as my head was pretty sore so will have to definitely do this once a week at least.

ok so taken a few pics in diffrent lighting daylight and fluorescent lighting ingnore the style like i say still working on that.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-22-2013, 02:39 AM,
RE: Update (with pics)
There's not much to say really because it looks just like a normal head of hair you'd see every day of the week!
And thats EXACTLY what some of us aim for!

Its an excellent colour & density match, its blended really well and I haven't got the slightest idea where the replacement hair begins or ends.

Job well done!

PS. You might find your scalp toughens up over time. Mine did.
But if it becomes a problem, you could always consider using Scalp Protector as a barrier.
12-22-2013, 03:39 AM,
Mickeyblueyes,
Well done! Isn't it amazing how friends and family will make comments like 'did you get a hair cut?' and 'have you tried to dye the gray out?' I think it's due to the fact that you're now 'complete.' People see you as normal whereas in the past they saw you as 'incomplete.' Congrats! You're catching on very quickly!
John
http://toplace.com/
12-23-2013, 02:06 AM,
Hair product helps a great deal
With s new system. Gells,Mudd gum etc help to weigh the hair down, style the unruly beast.

New hair sysyems are coated in acrylic by the factory
This gives the hair wild body
Which i love, hair is springy.it will be gone after s few washes,
Enjoy wearing
12-23-2013, 05:43 AM,
thanks guys

I colour my hair and the system hair to get the perfect match and use some aufero medium brown where the system meets my hair to get a nice blend.

Im using Scalp Protector but i have very sensitive skin unfortuntily, ive been trying all diffrent types all styling products currently using ruck matte putty clay which is ok but i have to wash it out every nite as i hate sleeping with product in my hair.

yeah its starting to settle down and thin out a little its only 55% but it still feels like alot of hair.
12-28-2013, 02:35 AM,
Some people think you need to use a lot of coloring. Not true. You did it just right--use it where the system meets your hair. There are typically more than one color in your hair and blending just where the system meets your leaves the different tones in your hair.
12-30-2013, 12:43 AM,
OK so have done my second debond and attachment today which did'nt go well to be honest (3 hours) had to reattach and debond 3 times as i just could not get the bloody thing positioned right. It was only off slighty but i could tell it did'nt feel right it. ive made it more difficult for myself keeping my forelock so trying to line up four sides not easy.

I had planned to debond and reattach every week but i don't think the system of me will last too long if i keep that up.

i will probably try every 2 weeks. How may weeks do you guys go before debonding?

I thought i would show you some pics without my hair on so you can see how i've integtated the forelock. (Monk look) (-:

Attached Files Image(s)

12-30-2013, 08:14 AM,
Wow! I'd have never known that was the area you were covering.

Here's a tip on placement.
If you put it on your head, prior to glue or taping, get it in the right position and then fold the front back and make 2 dots on the base & 2 dots on your scalp, using a make-up pencil.
Then every time you put it back on your head and line the dots up, it will go back in exactly the right position.

With a lace base, I found every 10-14 days was fine for an attachment.
With an ultra thin skin base, its 7-10 days.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-31-2013, 08:18 AM,
yeah even for the experienced 4 years (well not compared to some here)
I have my bad attachment days,
just a case of rebonding,
full debonds are without a doubt a absolute pain,i detest them, yeah sure id rather spend 90 minutes doing something else.
I ponder when im cleaning the adhesive of my system, getting gued up sometimes,

but when the hard works done, and its not easy sometimes, im ready to place the system on my head,

"THEN ITS WORTHWHILE, THEN I FEEL ALL THE HARD WORK WAS AND IS WORTHWHILE"
remember if it was down to mother nature or male pattern baldness you woudnt have this , so amazing second chance to shine again, it should have been denied you by nature,

so if youre getting hacked of think of how you feel without hair,

a far worse feeling than the clean up debond blues

antySmile
01-01-2014, 03:51 AM,
Hi there, --as a matter of interest, [forgive me if you said so already] are you doing an all-over bond or just perimeter and using tape or glue ? I assume glue because it took 3 hours to do the several de/re-bonds...... the marking of dots as Hersute has demonstrated can be a huge help when you`re new to this , or even not so new ! I assume you are shaving that sparse hair off ` out of your way` so to speak ? Bonding materials will stick far more effectively to scalp-skin ..growing [ albeit sparse ] hair, will interfere with your bond and lead to an earlier-than-planned de/re......also, to avoid the frustration that you experienced, if / when you make an error placing the system like that, rather than spend hours as you described, why not give yourself a ` break` from it for a day or two and once you`ve cleaned off the bonding material from system and scalp, why not go for a ` quick fix` and just use Got2bglued spiking glue to pop your system on...ok, so it won`t hold your system on for more than 2 or 3 days, but it`s a way of getting out of a bind quickly and avoiding 3 tedious hours of mess and frustration ....as time goes on, you`ll have this down to a fine art, or very near to it ...in the early days, you`ll have events like this and the likes of Got2bglued really comes into it`s own in such situations, especially if you`re in a hurry to go / be someplace and can`t afford to be wasting time and getting annoyed/ frustrated into the bargain....it`s water-soluble too so it`ll simply release under the shower-head and rinse off without shampooing ...... just be aware that it can sometimes leave a white-ish mark on some areas of the lace, but not enough to be of real concern. Don`t lose heart ..the worst bit is over for you now ....you`ve made the leap so just stay with it ....kind regards.