Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eliminating knots
02-23-2014, 05:51 AM,
Eliminating knots
My first piece was a stock unit, colour 1B. it's been a great result for me far exceeding my expectations and I'm very happy with it except for the knot visibility. The stock unit I ordered doesn't seem to have been well bleached. This is not so much a problem since I don't sport a hairstyle that exposes the hairline- however I want to get the hairline as perfect as possible with my next order and completely eliminate all the knots.

The colour 1B matches my native hair colour absolutely perfectly- the blend is seemless, it's quite amazing actually the colour match!

My question is what colour blonde is best to order for my next system to render the knots completely invisible? I will then colour the blonde dark myself.

Any thoughts, comments or similar experiences with knot visibility on darker colour orders is much appreciated.

Also how invisible is invisible on a blonde piece?
02-23-2014, 09:32 AM,
RE: Eliminating knots
Hi Partial,
Glad to hear that you like th unit. The knots are all bleached as much as possible without harming the knots. The darker the hair the longer the bleaching time required. You are #1B which is one step away from the darkest color (#1 which is jet black). Bleaching becomes a fine line. Bleach too little and the knots will be completely visible. Bleach too much and the integrity of the knot is hurt resulting in early shedding. In order to get a unit that accepts color well and provide knots that are invisible I suggest ordering a #22. It's a dull blonde and accepts color well. It is used by our professional stylists that keep this color on hand and dye it on the spot to meet a clients needs.
Regards,
John
02-23-2014, 01:27 PM,
RE: Eliminating knots
Single strand hairs with single knots bleach much better than when several strands of hair are all knotted together and sometimes in a double knot.
But dying blonde hair darker seems to be becoming increasingly the more popular option for darker hair.