Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best lace for surfing and undetectable hairline ?
12-08-2013, 12:59 PM,
best lace for surfing and undetectable hairline ?
Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum since a week now, found pretty much all the answers i was thinking of ! But sometimes it's hard to make a decision cause many users says differents things for the same system !

I'm 24 years old, and would like to go through my alopecia issue, but there is some obstacles for my personnal case :

I'm hashbrown, and surfing quite often, my natural hair gets blond with the sun/salt so i was wondering if an hashbrown system will get blond as well or not ? in this case i will need to coloured my natural hair even though i like the fact that i got this natural blond color !

I'm surfing, so i will need to put extra strengh tape i think (when i'm not surfing i will still the hairline with glue i think) but i'm still hesitating cause there is so many base....would like sometinng strong with and undetectable hairline.

thanks a lot if u can help me guys !
12-08-2013, 10:25 PM,
RE: best lace for surfing and undetectable hairline ?
One of the things that people consider a downside of replacement hair is that the colour can fade, especially in the sun.
But, for people like you and me whose natural hair gets lighter in the summer anyway, this can be useful.
You can always 'help' the lightening along a bit by using a product like Sun-in, which is a spray and it lightens hair gradually as its exposed to heat (hairdryer) or sun.

Its usually recommended that glue is the best way to disguise the lace at the hairline, so you're right to consider a combination of tape for the back, sides and centre and using a glue along the first inch or so of the hairline.

For things like swimming and water activities, I've heard a lot of people recommend the blue backed tape tabs, or for normal wear, Stick-it tape.

When it comes to choosing a base, the more durable it is, the more detectable it is.
So the least detectable will be the Ultra Fine Swiss Lace or the normal Swiss Lace.
You have to decide when you're walking around on a daily basis wearing a system, if your priority will durability or detectability.
Personally, if I went for a more durable base and was having trouble with the hairline and worrying about it being noticeable, I'd find very little consolation in knowing that it was going to last me along time.
You could also consider combining laces and have a French Lace at the back with a Swiss Lace at the front.
01-12-2014, 11:13 AM,
Just sort of thinking out loud, but the "hashbrown" color, alot of people order pieces in a light blonde color, without double checking I think its R22, dont quote me on that tho. anyhow have them colored to match the exsisting hair they have, it is good for having invisible knots, I've noticed when ordering these pieces that as the hair color starts to fade, the blonde seems to come back thru, you can touch up the color as you need on the sides where it meets your own hair if it gets too light and go from there? just my 2 cents. and good luck on your journey.
01-17-2014, 04:56 AM,
Beersnob,
Many hair stylists order #22R stock systems and dye them to match a customer's own hair. The #22r accepts color really well. How long a coloring lasts depends on the type of coloring that is used. Semi-permanent dye will wash off after a few washes and need to be re-applied. Many times it's not necessary to re-color the whole piece. Just touching up where your own hair meets the hair system is often enough.
Regards,
John