Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oozing rash
11-30-2013, 05:02 AM,
oozing rash
Hey everyone, I really need some help. I've been wearing with no problems for the past couple of years and a few days ago after a week and a half long bond with safe grip I started getting itchy. This was longer than I usually have It on but I was just too busy and in the company of my love-in gf, who has no idea I wear (1.5 years) so I never had an opportunity to do everything I needed to do. I noticed a dime sized oozing rash. I washed my head with cool water and patted dry and applied glue only around the rash avoiding it at all costs. It's three days later and still oozing. What do I do??
11-30-2013, 07:56 AM,
RE: oozing rash
Hi Mender ..... I had a similar thing many years back, in my all -poly, topper days when this ` salon` would do an all-over bond, and it was left on for weeks at a time. The itch began and once the system was de-bonded, there were three red patches, similar to what you describe. I cleaned the ` wounds` and then applied some ` Sudocrem` [ http://www.sudocrem.co.uk/antiseptic-healing-cream/ ] and covered the areas in normal plasters, such as you use for normal cuts/grazes. It has a drying/healing effect and should help solve your issue.You`ll have to just do a perimeter bond for now and remove the system after a day or two again to check things over and replace the plasters /cream/re-clean the area gently..sounds like the skin is ` broken` there..it just needs to heal over. Should it not be effective, obviously, go seek medical attention, but obviously you`d rather not ` out` yourself as a wearer to a Doctor unless you have to.... the anti-septic properties of the cream will help avoid infection and help the healing of the skin....just do your bond ` around` the area as you have been doing and hopefully you`ll be fine in a few days...let us know how you get on. Cheers.
12-02-2013, 01:40 PM,
RE: oozing rash
Hi,

I would suggest liquid bandage,its spray on antiseptic.It will sting when you put it on (i spray the liquid bandage onto my finger and quickly dab it onto the rash before the liquid dries),this will seal the area and help it heal.When i get a bad rash i use this,I have sensitive scalp and the following help to prevent rashes for me, anyway.

1.Try and debond/remove unit every 5 days,and clean scalp,rather than leaving on for too long.
2.Use scalp protector,forms a barrier between scalp/tapes/glue.
3.Remove unit at end of week,and wear a baseball cap on the weekend.Put unit back on sunday night or monday morning.
4.Use electric razor to shave head,not blade razor.
5.When you debond,and have removed the unit,use adhesive remover/pure/ to spray on and under remaining tape on scalp and gently peel off,rather than using alcohol.

Regards Topcat