Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW pics (sorry not best quality pics)
10-18-2013, 04:11 PM,
NEW pics (sorry not best quality pics)
Some pics of my current piece. Its not 100% 'perfect' but I like it.

thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

10-18-2013, 05:33 PM,
RE: NEW pics (sorry not best quality)
that looks awesome dude.

There is no chance I could pick that this is a hairpiece.

Is that a fullcap?
10-18-2013, 05:44 PM,
Thanks Greeko, I appreciate ur thumbs up Smile

Yeah its a full cap. I think ive become quite the master with full caps now haha. They are by faaaaaar the most realistic and stylish hair replacement you can get if done right. I don't think is 'perfect' but then again folks with their own hair don't always have 'perfect' hair days. I do cut in a new one every 2 months or so (been blessed to be able to afford this) but its not necessary, I could easily get 4 months. I just like to always have the new look I guess.

cheers

CB
10-18-2013, 06:22 PM,
Thanks Seb.

There are no knots in the front because its the thinnest poly.

On that note, I don't think ill ever go back to lace. I see SOO many benefits with the thinnest poly over lace. I have just started using poly for hairline for last few months (after using lace for fronts for 9 years) and its undetectable. No bleed through. No knots. No ripples. No tears, No creases, No strange yellow color. NO dark line build up in front. Hair doesn't fall out as fast as lace front.. Bonds for me about 14-16 days, the list goes on and on and on. Lace is obsolete to me now I think for the front. I use poly for entire perimeter including sideburns, and lace for the rest to keep it breathable

CB
10-18-2013, 06:23 PM,
Cowboy,
Your hair looks fantastic. May I just ask how u manage to make those temples look so realistic?Is it to do with how you make the template. Iv seen some very poor temples on other fullcaps.
Also,if u have any higher quality pics in natural light that would be great.
Thanks
10-18-2013, 06:32 PM,
Hi Ardmore, thanks for your feedback.

The first and last pics is actually natural bright light.

With the templace.. I don't know if I do any thing special.. I just design it how I like it then if the poly needs trimming I just shape it to look as best I can.

I cut in my own hair and I think this helps me a lot. Personally, I have never found a salon to be able to cut it how I like it. Takes me about 6 hours to cut it in how I like. No salon is gonna do that.

cheers

CB
10-19-2013, 01:47 AM,
Thanks for the reply. Its still hard to believe thats not your real hair. May I ask for someone like me whose sides are thinning,do u think it would be best to go straight to fullcap as opposed to trying to blend the sides with a topper?I assume u encountered this issue. There seems to be a lot of apprehension toward fullcaps and from what i see its mainly from those who have never worn one.
10-19-2013, 02:47 AM,
Hi Cowboy,

Looks amazing! I am a full cap wearer myself (all Swiss lace), and I would gladly change my specs to get closer to the look that you are getting. You are ordering from Toplace, right? Can you give me all the specs you gave John for getting this full cap? And you are not using any of your existing hair at all?
10-19-2013, 07:43 AM,
Well-done there cowboy-- nice style / look...... great to read you cut them in yourself...... the `issues` with Fullcaps, which many guys fear, are ,in my opinion / experience, over-stated ---there will always be issues with wearing... Fullcaps are no more problematic than toppers ....once the factory has done a reasonable job and the ventilation is good, the rest falls into place pretty easily..... regards, Paul.
10-19-2013, 07:45 AM,
Pictures like this make me want to try a full cap.
The result is excellent!