Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW pics (sorry not best quality pics)
10-19-2013, 07:48 AM,
RE: NEW pics (sorry not best quality)
yeah im a skin fan now give a new system a few months the poly softens and even I cant feel the transition from my hairline to my skin,
im converted.
don't get me wrong I don't allways get it right, I have my bad attachments, when I get a ripple but its easier to leave it depending on the location and severity.

I style the front and use a tadd of hairspray, so when I want a easier life, i'' reflect the front half way back to a 50% clean up then wash job done looks great.

and the back just forward of the crown ill do a wash with no scalp clean up as adhesion is not so vital.

you don't allways need a full debond,

and there's no lining up

antywanty
10-19-2013, 02:48 PM,
Cowboy,

have you ever thought of doing this for a job. I mean, if the salon cannot do the same job, you could turn into a job and be a hairpiece adviser.

I mean, we go to salons and every place and have an image of what we want the hairpiece to look like but most of the time they DONT get us.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is one thing to be a good hairdresser/stylist and another to understand what the client wants.

We lose our hair over time and because we tend to not take as many pictures because we are ashamed of what our hair used to look like and what it looks like now; the stylist looks at us like we speak Chinese to them.

Once again correct me if I am wrong but that is the feeling that I've got from 2 stylists that I have seen.

At the end of the day nobody wants to spend a fortune, not get the desired look and have the stylist tell them "it looks goooooood on youuuu" "O M G you are fabulous"(if the stylist is gay) *jokes*
10-20-2013, 04:21 AM,
whats up with you guys? who hasn't a iphone or whatever mobile, with a normal "clear" camera?
can't say if the front is realistic, the pic isn't realistic!!!

to bad...
10-20-2013, 06:59 AM,
Cowboy!
the hair quality looks so good. can you tell which hair- type is it?

I have ordered hair from toplace and other places but so far have not found an acceptable quality hair Tongue
I have black # 1 color , almost like yours
10-20-2013, 08:16 AM,
Just wondering what type of poly you are getting around the perimeter.

Thickness in mm (0.03, 0.06, 0.8) and ventilation (injected vs v-looped)?

Thanks.
10-20-2013, 08:54 PM,
Hey Dinosaur,

The specs are thinnest poly on entire perimeter incuding sideburns, and lace for the rest so it breathes a little. I have found the poly on side burns is great because it attaches to skin very solidly I don't use much of my own hair just very very little on the very edge temple area, and on the side burns only very little on the outer edge but that's it. The nape area only very little on left and right side. I cut the hair quite short like at the very edge of the nape its probably only quarter inch..maybe less. It works really well.

The key I think is in the cut in.. it takes me while to cut it how I like it but after that its good. I think 100% chinese hair, quite thick for most, 75-80%, but you can adjust as appropriate for you..

hope that helps.

I really cut my hair short and I think it looks AWESOME on full cap if done right. Just go slowly and chip away at it till you like it.

cheers

CB

Hey greeko,

haha its an interesting idea. I don't realy have the time im so busy with my business, although I have cut in some hair for friends and they seemed to be quite pleased! haha was kinda fun!

Also someone asked about v-loops? Its actually all injected hair for the hairline.. as far as im aware.
cheers

CB

I also wanna add that styling products are 90% how you get it to look great and the style you want. Just find ones you like.
10-22-2013, 06:47 AM,
Excellent results!
No one would ever know!
Any chance of some photos of the underside of the cap to get a grip of its construction?
10-26-2013, 04:36 AM,
I'd love to see those photos of the underside as well. And can you verify that this is, in fact, a Toplace piece? Thanks!
10-28-2013, 12:41 PM,
Hey LTB and Dino,

Yes its a toplace piece. I'll try to take a pic of the underside but its not easy cos I wear for long periods at a time and when I get it off I just wanna get it back on asap haha but ill try.

Dino - Ditch lace mate. If your not comfortable with a thin poly front then at least get poly on sides, back AND sideburns. The attachment on those areas with poly is amazing especially if you put tape on the poly and a thin coating of glue on the skin. Someone asked if you can put tape on the thin poly and I have no problem. Blue liner or..whats the other one.. ahh super tape! my favourite. There is NO bleed through with the poly and it holds very vey well. Lace sucks to be honest.

In terms of he hair line yes I am using the thinnest poly with tape on it and ive never had a problem Its strong. Its invisible at least in my opinion. I don't have any probs with creases, dark black line that lace builds up, it holds very well. At least try it and if you don't like it then u can always go back to lace. Also I noticed as I lose hair in front it actually looks better and better. All you see is like natural color at the hairline when it thins. No yellow colour. IDK..to me it looks very natural. Try it mate. If you like it...you'll be so happy cos it solves ALL the problems lace has!

Cheers

CB
11-09-2013, 07:00 AM,
Back in the old days (late 1990's through 2005), I used to get a thin poly perimeter on the sides and back (never the front). Some around here used to call it a PSB perimeter. I did love the ease of application, but I had a problem with my 65% density showing a difference in appearance between the thinskin and lace areas. It was very obvious in thinner spots. I am thinking that you are having such success (Cowboy) because of your higher density. At age 44, I don't want to increase my density any more. If anything, I want to lower it soon. So I think I may have to keep all lace. I am still curious to see a photo of the underside, so I can make sure it looks like what I used to get.