Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Combing hair in public.
Would you carry a comb and comb your hair in public?
No you wouldn't, it's a giveaway you wear a piece.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combing hair in public.
10-18-2013, 08:51 AM,
Combing hair in public.
I was just wondering if anyone combs their hair or have seen others comb their hair in public? Does anyone even carry a comb?

Back in the 50-60's you wouldn't be caught dead without a comb!

When my hair gets messed up I can sort of get it to look right with just my fingers but I founds that a little 4" wide tooth comb that fits in my front pocket with my money clip allows me to quickly run the comb through the hair to get it back to where I like it with just a few strokes but I wonder if people would thinks that's weird?

Lee
10-19-2013, 05:43 AM,
RE: Combing hair in public.
You need a third option - Carry a comb & use it in private, i.e a restroom or a room I'm in on my own Smile
10-19-2013, 06:22 AM,
I don't know why anywould would think that if someone ran a comb through their hair they would think they were wearing a hair piece. I would think just the opposite. But I agree with MattNH. You shouldn't be grooimg yourself in public anyway. Go into the bathroom and comb your hair.
10-19-2013, 07:54 AM,
I think youre pointing out maybe there could be some lift at the hairline.or possibly elsewhere if youre not on the ball
which offcourse we all are,

anyway I never comb my hair as its kinda fixated in place hairspray.
maybe fixated is to strong word, lol
that's why id only do it in a private room,restroom .
prob do it with more confidence on day 1-3 of a bond and during winter months.

im complicating the issue, lol
ps the voting question is wrong there needs to be a few options

anty
10-19-2013, 09:01 AM,
I can't see where to edit the poll, sorry for not thinking about all the possible options.

In any case, say you come from your car to a football stadium and it was really windy. Once in you can feel your hair and pat it down if it's sticking up but it still won't look it's best. Bathrooms are far away and tons of people everywhere, your partner wants to find the seat and not wait while you hit the restroom. So some would think it's wrong to comb your hair as your'e walking in?

Mind you I never have combed in public, but now I have this small pocket comb it will be very easy and quick to run a comb through it. Like I mentioned earlier this was done as a matter of fact and was deemed 'cool', so I'm just seeing what 50 years has done to it!
10-19-2013, 08:24 PM,
Again its one of those issues that's really not a issue
ultimately "no one cares"
Except you the wearer
youre focusing obsessing about you're hair
While all around you ermm reallydont give a stuff
honestly .
10-20-2013, 05:18 AM,
It seems the point is being missed! I don't care if someone sees me combing my hair, I'm not obsessed, worried etc. I was just wondering if anyone sees guys combing their hair in public like the good ole days!

I wear a full cap so the wind can try it's darndest to piss me off. No matter how messed it gets it looks real and right. I run my fingers through it to get it back down but running a comb through it does the trick.
10-20-2013, 08:08 AM,
seems to be olde4 guys who carry a comb, 60+ think its a generation thing
younger guys 15 + seem to finger managev there hair and the natural very little product look seems in
10-24-2013, 02:34 PM,
I haven't carried a comb since middle school. It used to be the thing to carry a big assed comb sticking out of your back pocket in the early/mid 80s. Anyone remember the game "bloody knuckles" that the kids would play with their combs?
10-24-2013, 03:35 PM,
Damn Amstat your aging us!