Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for those who dye their hair and hairpiece
07-26-2009, 04:22 PM,
Re: for those who dye their hair and hairpiece
Thats a very good post Not Guilty but let me ask you a question or two.Do you judge your color match by the mirror on your car?
Does your hair look great inside your house looking at it in the bathroom mirror but outside you see some red tone or glow?
You need to add purple color and it will be history.Get some red/gold correction plus,put 10 drops in a bowel with warm water,
mix it up,soak your hair in it for 30 minutes and rinse.Do this a few times and see the magic.
07-27-2009, 01:53 AM,
Hi - do you know where I could get the red/gold corrector. So am I right in saying that I dye the hair with my colour mix of dark blonde and light brown - let it dry and then I'll see the red. Then I soak it in the red/gold corrector for half an hour and then its happy days?

Best Wishes

Dan
07-27-2009, 03:52 AM,
Yes in fact you should add the red /gold product to your hair dye mix also!
07-27-2009, 05:42 AM,
At the moment I mix 50% dark blonde and 50% light brown what percentage of the red corrector product should I mix with it - anyone able to recommend a red/golden colour corrector product?

Best Wishes

Dan
07-27-2009, 06:52 AM,
Here you go <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://metrobeauty.com/Hair-Care/Hair-Color/Ardell-Red-Gold-Corrector-Plus.html">http://metrobeauty.com/Hair-Care/Hair-C ... -Plus.html</a><!-- m -->
and Sallys has it.There is a few brands out there.I know what your going thru,that glow is a dead giveaway.
07-27-2009, 09:30 AM,
JamesKennedy Wrote:I order blonde, which is 22R.

Honestly, its a pain in the butt to do.

James is correct and he does this stuff for a living, Like we said it does work great but I echo James, It is a pain to do, If you do it make plenty of time and be has careful as you can to avoid getting colour on the base, I personally do like to leave just a little bit of blonde showing right at the bottom of the hair were it comes out of the base but it can be tricky and I used a fine artist paint brush when I done it in the past.
07-27-2009, 09:36 AM,
Thanks for the link but I'm in Ireland - anyone know where I can get the Ardell Red Gold Corrector Plus in Ireland or is there a similar product I could buy over here? Thanks for all your help.

Best Wishes

Dan
07-27-2009, 09:42 AM,
NotGuilty Wrote:Thanks James. Trust me, I'd rather just have my piece match but it never seems to anymore. Back two+ years ago all my TL pieces were spot on, but since I started again (last 6 months) every piece has been off (too much red and too dark). It's not even so much the color but the tone. I have serious ash tones in my hair. A plain #6 has too much red and throws it off. If i look in the side mirror on my car in natural light it's very obvious. I was thinking that if I order it blond and dye the piece and my own hair, no matter what the color is, it will be the same and all will be good. I do have a professional stylist/colorist to do it, I should note that. He won't charge me much at all either (i'm lucky).

I guess my question now would be will the blonde piece and my own hair throw off different hues - putting me in the same situation with a mismatch in color? I don't highlight or do anything crazy that you do, just want a nice conservative but natural looking piece.

I also should note that I wear very light density (like 50% at most). But since I won't be coloring it myself I'm sure my stylist won't screw the base up??

I know I could send the piece back and try having it remade but I don't have time to wait another month or more. I'm thinking about getting a #17 stock and having it and my own hair dyed. What do you think?

Thanks for all your input bro

I always advise colouring YOUR own hair to suit and not vice versa, It really does eliminate this problem.

I have posted many times how I colour the end of the hair on my hairpiece and my own hair, and gradually fade it like this, Its the only way to get a near perfect match as you are using the same colour product on your piece and onh your hair.

Attached Files Image(s)

08-07-2009, 11:51 AM,
BA that diagram shows me you really have it down to a fine art but I was wondering if you know of a link to a video where I could watch it being done - I'm new to this and if I could get the colouring down I am sure I could get 9 - 12 weeks out a piece instead of the usual 3 where I have to get it professionally cleaned and it comes back with loads of hair missing.
08-07-2009, 01:05 PM,
What causes the hair to turn brassy red/gold? Is it shampooing with sulfates or the sun?