Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with density *pics*
09-11-2013, 11:56 AM,
Help with density *pics*
Here is a pic of my hair currently. I'm wondering what density is recommended. My temples are strong but my hair is fine, always has been. This is how short I keep the sides. I just cut them yesterday. I use a #4 guard on them and plan on keeping them that short when wearing my piece. I'm thinking either 50%-55% or 60%. I'm ordering the TL250 base and I want to make sure that the density I need is thick enough to hide the seems where it transitions from poly to lace.

[Image: IMG_20130910_063427small_zps0ddfed14.jpg]

Here is the look I'm going for. Now obviously I'm not delusional and I know I can't go as thick a density as he has naturally, but the cut and style is what I'm looking for on top. I'll go a shorter on top then he does but I like that the hairs on the hairline are cut down to about 1/2"-3/4" and it hides the hairline a bit. I am going to have the stylist do that. So with the density I need, is this style even a remote possibility? Thanks!

[Image: beck-small_zpsf64ec144.jpg]
09-11-2013, 07:10 PM,
RE: Help with density *pics*
I wear a pretty similar style to the one you're looking at and mine is 60% density. It's a bit if trial and error when it comes to getting the specs right but I reckon 60 would be a good starting point for you. 55 or lower could end up being too low. You can always pluck a few hairs, thin the system, or even use some hair removal cream which some guys do to lower the density but there is no way to increase the density once you've got it on your head so at this stage I'd be a bit cautious, go with around 60ish and see what it looks like.
09-12-2013, 09:29 AM,
So you think my hair is dense enough to pull off 60%?
09-13-2013, 06:44 PM,
It's not easy to guess and I'd hate for you to order the wrong density based on my recommendation alone as I'm by no means an expert. However, I ordered 60% and i have similar side hair to you, although I have mine longer. It's a bit of a stab in the dark and you may just have to order a certain density and see how it works. Bearing in mind hair systems lose hair gradually through shedding anyway... my point with 60 as opposed to 55 or lower is that if its too dense then there are ways to make it lighter. If you go with 55 and its too light then you can't make it denser.
09-13-2013, 09:38 PM,
Where your side hair starts to get a bit longer, up towards the top of your head, it looks denser than the hair below.
Whether this is just an illusion because of the length or even a reality, I think Yorkie's recommendation seems right because a 60% will replicate that.

Be sure to send in hair colour samples from the front AND the back of your head because it looks like it gets darker towards the back and the factory can replicate this too to get you the best colour match.
09-14-2013, 10:05 AM,
Thanks for the replies guys! It looks darker towards the back because there was some left over concealer from the day before on the back. But yeah, that's still solid advice. I planned on sending in hair from all parts of the top of my head.
09-15-2013, 02:23 AM,
Have you thought about growing your sides out? or do you want the sides to be cut short?
09-15-2013, 03:35 AM,
I don't like my sides grown out. I look better with my sides short. For some reason the picture makes them look thinner than they look in real life. Probably just the contrast and off coloring of the camera.