Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Night Before - and After (Pics)
07-13-2013, 03:08 PM,
The Night Before - and After (Pics)
So tomorrow morning I go for my first cut-in, which I think is going to be the most critical since I don't have a lot of confidence in what is available in my area...but maybe I'll be surprised.

Tonight was a weird night...when you're losing your hair, the last thing you would ever imagine doing is getting rid of what you do have. I gotta say, shaving my head wasn't as bad as I thought. If I thought I looked ok shaved, I'd do it...feels good! Oh, and for anyone out there is bald on the top...just shave it all! These clown sides are what look so bad in my opinion.

Below are a couple pics after completing the shave. I'm getting up early to do my first bond and the heading to the salon for the cut-in...thought I should give it a shot and save the $60 they want to just do the bond!

I'll post "after" pictures tomorrow evening. Wish me luck...

Attached Files Image(s)

07-13-2013, 04:12 PM,
RE: The Night Before - Shave
good luck!!! looks like you have good sides, so long as you have a decent color match and density with a decent cut in you'll be A-OK!
07-13-2013, 09:17 PM,
Wish you the bestSmile Good luck - keep posting!
07-14-2013, 12:52 AM,
Completed the bond. Tape back and sides and used nx-gen glue in front. Placing it in the back was not easy that's for sure. Not super happy with how the lace looks at hairline. Kind of brownish color but I will wait and see how it looks after cut in and style. Hope I don't go to jail before the cut in...my mug shot would look pretty damn funny with this badger on my head! Smile
07-14-2013, 01:48 AM,
Good luck. Im sure you'll look 10-15 years younger in your follow up pics.
07-14-2013, 05:32 AM,
Well, it's done. Pretty happy with the stylist but don't really like the way it is styled...still has too much lift and looks a little off. Probably mostly because I'm not used to having so much hair. Had her thin it out as much as possible. I think with some practice, I can get the desired style I want. I guess at first I want it as close to how it looked so I don't look completely different on Monday.

I'll post more after I get it styled the way I want. Thoughts?

Attached Files Image(s)

07-14-2013, 06:18 AM,
RE: The Night Before - and After
The cut looks good !!! The puffyness will go away after a few washings and a couple weeks. I would probably wear it just a little lower down in front if possible. Congrats !!!
07-14-2013, 06:30 AM,
Looks good
07-14-2013, 06:35 AM,
Silverstreak, do you mean bring the piece down or comb the hair down a bit more?
07-14-2013, 06:56 AM,
Hi and congrats. The piece is a bit too dark. Unfortunatly you got the same brown haircolor as I, with a bit of green tint in your bio hair. It also resembles in your brows - the green tint. Problem is, that I haven´t found a way to get this green tint from dyeing products. So I would recommend dyeing you natural hair a tiny bit darker. For the most natural appearance you could also color your brows a bit darker to match the new piece - but I guess that´s a bit drasticSmile I would recommend getting a medium brown ash color leaving it in your natural hair only for no more than 3-4 minuttes. We are talking minor details, however minor gets major in direct sunlight. My five centsSmile