Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Setup For Athletes
06-16-2013, 05:46 PM,
Best Setup For Athletes
I workout and sweat every day. I am also a younger guy. Anyway, right now I am using Walker No Shine and bonding for about five days at a time.

The front is already getting a bit sticky at the hair line, and some shedding occurs. I'm not sure if I am overreacting or not, but it worries me. Realistically, I am only expecting to get 3 months out of a unit. Possible 4, but who knows.

Anyway, any suggestions? Is glue better? Maybe Walker No Shine on the sides and then glue on the hairline?
06-22-2013, 07:50 AM,
RE: Best Setup For Athletes
C'mon, there has to be some very active people on here with some tips.
06-22-2013, 08:03 AM,
its already been covered in many threads, just search the forum for , exercise, hot, climate.
sweat.
regards anty!!!
06-24-2013, 06:00 PM,
It is realistic to expect 3 months from a piece. As a new wearer (if you are a new wearer) you should give yourself room for error and order another one earlier as they take time to make and it will give you piece of mind (of course you can disregard this if you have a backup piece or use stocks).

Five days sounds like a great bond time for an active lifestyle, at least from my (limited) experience. You may want to invest in ProTouch No Sweat which allegedly acts as an antiperspirant for your head and will increase bond time.

For the sticky hairline you may need to soak your unit in some sort of solvent. You can buy solvents to use online, such as from ProTouch Adhesive Remover, and I think it was Hairenough that mentioned a 30minue soak in Autoglym Tar Remover (a car product) works wonders.

I don't think glue will be better than tape at the hairline, for detectability glue is indeed better but tape is in my experience much more solid. you can of course apply glue to the tape to reduce shine and (maybe) bond time.

For shedding you must minimize friction, and fight bacteria in the lace. Make sure you wash the lace properly when you take it off. I heard that dish soap can be good for this but shampooing the lace with an appropriate shampoo is the way to go (NO CONDITIONER on the lace, though). Be sure to use a knot sealer on the lace to prevent shedding.